Views
Helpful
Replies

Interoffice Call Quality issues?

victoriabardy
Level 4
Level 4

Hello All,

We have intermittent call quality issues on our interoffice calls.  The strange thing is that there is plenty of bandwidth when we get the complaints.  The specifics are typically the calls audio gets choppy. 

Does anyone here on the forum have any suggestions as to how to address this?  Was thinking of possibly setting up a route to change the path of the interoffice calls over the Lan and VPN. 

Please let me know your thoughts/suggestions.

Thank you.

Vicky

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Do you have QoS in place?

Look at the call stats for a call with the problem and look at the jitter, latency and packet loss

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jaime,

We have EF gold car QOS for calls over the MPLS but I'm not sure if the interoffice calls are getting the marking the same way as the external calls do.  I have to check into that.  We have verified that we are not exceeding our EF CAR bandwidth.   Looking over the complaint emails the description is "static and crackling". 

I will check the call statistics the next time I get the complaint.

Thank you.

Hi Vicky,

Choppy calls would suggest that some of the RTP packets are being dropped. You can first try and isolate if the issue is happening for certain sites in particular and compare the network config of those sites with those that are working fine. if the issue is seen throughout the day then it is most likely not a bandwidth issue as bandwidth issue would most likely impact you only during peak hours, it could be a QoS config issue as suggested by Jaime. A couple of good links related to Voice quality troubleshooting that you can refer below

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/101961/how-troubleshoot-voice-quality-issues-ucm-environment-bad-sound-no-audio

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice/voice-quality/30141-symptoms.html

One of the important steps in these intermittent issues is to probe and isolate the issue to a specific site / phone model / WAN link / switch etc and then troubleshoot it from there.

HTH

Manish

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: