Views
Helpful
Replies

Intersite Dial Plan: Prefixing Calling Number

kvallis01
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

I'm looking at rolling out site codes in my CUCM cluster, and have a question about prefxing the calling number.

Currently, in my sandbox, I have multiple translation patterns that prefix the site code to the calling number, which works but seems clunky, as all my sites require separate translation patterns for every other site.

I'm just wondering how people are handling prefixing the Calling Number Caller ID when calling between sites?

6 Replies 6

Leonardo Santana
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello,

You could configure your directory number with the site codes, and have a translation to call the extensions at the same site with four digits per example.

I think the often scenario now a days is the Globalized Dial Plan:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/collab11/collab11/dialplan.html?bookSearch=true

Regards

Leonardo Santana

Regards
Leonardo Santana

*** Rate All Helpful Responses***

Hi,

I think it will be simpler to globalize all numbers as mentioned by leonardo and use forced on-net dialing for intersite calls to go over wan instead of pstn. This will simplify dialplan management and make it scalable for introducing additional sites or '+' dialing without a risk of overlapping

I looked into a e164 dial plan before, but ran into problems planning it out.

I've got around 14 sites on my cluster, some sites may only have 15 extensions, others have around 500. Some have DIDs, others just have extensions. The PSTN numbers at the DID sites are non-continous with a mix of different NPAs, and were handed out by the Telco on an adhoc basis.

Maybe I need to revisit

It might take some effort to get it in place but definitely is the future

So I've started to map this out, but one part I'm stuck one is how to handle endpoint extensions.

I want to maintain 4 digit dial within each site; so should extensions be entered as NPANXXXXXX with translation patterns handling conversion from 4 digit, or should the 4-digit extensions be maintained and globalized on the when calling out.

Just wondering how others have done this?

I prefer to use +E164 as DNs and use TPs to allow 4-digits dialing. This
will guarantee on-net dialing when people call e164 numbers. With four
digits dns you still need to have TPs to force on-net dialing
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: