cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS UPGRADATION IN CUCM CLUSTER VER 7.1.5b(Su5)

Sandipan Khatke
Level 1
Level 1

HI ,

I am going to upgrade CUCM IOS ver from 7.0.2.20000-5 up to 7.1.5b(Su5) . but at customer end two CUCM is configured in Cluster .

about this activity i have some queries as follows .

1) I am don't know the IOS up gradation procedure . kindly share any document .

2) There is any chance to crash , when i am start the uploading ios in CUCM Publisher , it is directly affect on both publisher & subscriber .

after uploading IOS in publisher it is automatically synchronize with subscriber if yes plz let me HOW ??

otherwise required to follow  the same ios uploading process as publisher in subscriber .

BR ,

Sandipan .

5 Replies 5

Hi

1) check if your hardware can go to 7.1.5

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/rel_notes/7_1_5/cucm-rel_notes-715.html#wp579941

2) Check that you can go direct from 7.0.2 to 7.1.5

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/compat/ccmcompmatr1.pdf

Then below is the proccess

Upgrade first Pub (do not switch version when completed)

Upgrade second Subs (do not switch version when completed)

Then go to Pub - Switch version (wait until completed)

Then Subs - switch version

Please rate all useful posts Regards Chrysostomos ""The Most Successful People Are Those Who Are Good At Plan B""

Hi ,

thanks for your response ..

But i have one query i.e how i can configure radius in cucm other can i create user in cucm by default I have accessing through admin .

BR ,

SANDIPAN

Hi

You can integrate cucm (PUB) , with ldap/active directory

Then when the integration succeed and the users are in the cucm you can go to end user and assign roles to the administration guy(like super user in the role group.Is down of the end user tab

Follow this doc

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_1_2/ccmcfg/b02ldaut.html

Is the same with 7.1.5 version

Regards

chrysostomos

Please rate all useful posts Regards Chrysostomos ""The Most Successful People Are Those Who Are Good At Plan B""

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Sandipan,

Please do not take this as a personal attack on you, but I highly recommend that you get someone who is skilled at doing this to perform the upgrade. Many things can go wrong and if you do not know what to do, it is going impact everybody.

You can build a lab cucm in Vmware to learn about cucm and and perform similar tasks as upgrades, but I suggest not to do so on a production environment unless you know what you are doing...

Please rate all useful posts

"'Nature is too thin a screen, the glory of the omnipresent God bursts through it everywhere"-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Please rate all useful posts

Thank you Chrysostomos &  Aokanlawon for your support !

I have never think for accepting such types of challenge were your support when with me , I got some document for up gradation IOS Procedure in CUCM .

Thanks alot for your support & your suggestion

!!

BR ,

Sandipan .