Views
Helpful
Replies

IP 7940 Speaker phone cuts out

kevinbishop
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

When using the 7940 phone on speaker, everything works fine. Then, without warning,  the incoming audio cuts out. We then have to pick up the handset, and place the person back on speaker phone. I'm not really sure how to troubleshoot. I'm using phone load P00308000500, and cme version 7. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Kevin

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Update phone firmware.

Thanks Paolo.

I've researched upgrading my firmware. The next version of firmware requires me to upgrade my ios. The problem I have is the ios states it needs 256 NVRAM. My 2801 router only has 192. Should I consider going backwards, and downgrading my ios and firmware? Is it possible to upgrade my NVRAM?

Cheers,
Kevin

Yes you can add memory to your 2801. Purchase via Cisco authorized VAR or re-seller to avoid warentee issues. The memory is field replaceable, insure you have a recent backup of the router prior to begining and below is a link with diagrams to instruct you through the process.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/access/2800/hardware/installation/guide/10_hw.html#wp1026137

Hope this helps, I do agree that some speakerphone issues can be solved with a Firmware upgrade however 7940's are legacy hardware and the speaker for the speaker phone can degrade with execisive ware and tear. If the device is covered under a Hardware support agreement I sugest opening a TAC case and working out an RMA for replacement. If not and the firware upgrade does not resolve your problem you may need to purchase a replacement.

How can i update the phone's firmware please?
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: