cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP 7940

bdill
Level 1
Level 1

I have an IP phone 7940 and I just switched service providers and I can not figure out how to unlock my network configuration.  I can not find a button or area on the menu where I can access the unlock function.  Any suggestions?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

My bad. **#** is a reset sequence.

Unlock sequence is just **#

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Udit Mehrotra
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is the phone SIP or SCCP?

If SIP you need your phone password.

If SCCP, use key sequnce **#**

Udit - thanks for the info.  I did the **#** and it reset so it must be a SCCP.  The network configuration is locked and I don't know how to unlock it.  I have not found a way to access the unlock function.  Do you know how to do that?

Hi Brad, may be you need to reset the ip phone to the factory default.

hth

In order to perform a factory reset a phone, complete these steps:

1. Unplug the power cable from the phone, and then plug in the cable again.

The phone begins its power up cycle.

2. Immediately press and hold # and while the Headset, Mute, and Speaker buttons begin to flash in sequence, release #.

The Headset, Mute, and Speaker buttons flash in sequence in order to indicate that the phone waits for you to enter the key sequence for the reset.

3. Press 123456789*0# within 60 seconds after the Headset, Mute, and Speaker buttons begin to flash.

If you do not complete this key sequence or do not press any keys, after 60 seconds, the Headset, Mute, and Speaker buttons no longer flash, and the phone continues with its normal startup process. The phone does not reset.

If you enter an invalid key sequence, the buttons no longer flash, and the phone continues with its normal startup process. The phone does not reset.

If you enter this key sequence correctly, the phone displays this prompt:

Keep network cfg? 1 = yes 2 = no

4. In order to maintain the current network configuration settings for the phone when the phone resets, press 1. In order to reset the network configuration settings when the phone resets, press 2.

If you press another key or do not respond to this prompt within 60 seconds, the phone continues with its normal startup process and does not reset. Otherwise, the phone goes through the factory reset process.

My bad. **#** is a reset sequence.

Unlock sequence is just **#

Thank you for your help Udit.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: