cancel
Announcements
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

IP 79xx phone setup on phone proxy

I have just setup phone-proxy on our ASA5520.  I am testing with an IP 7975 phone since that is what we would be sending out in the field.  The phones are setup for DHCP and they register OK on internal network.

I am only able to get the phones to register from the outside is by manually changing DHCP to "NO" on the phone and entering our External TFTP Address for the TFTP server.  The phone will then register fine and work ok until the next time the phone is rebooted.

I am trying to see if there is a way to hard set this TFTP Address on the phone or maybe I am missing a step with how to setup the acutal phone for phone proxy.

We cannot expect our end users to have to manually go change this address everytime the phone is rebooted.

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Beginner

Found out that on the IP Phone, we needed to enable Alternate TFTP Server and set it our External NAT TFTP server address.  That was done under Network Config - iPv4 - Alernate TFTP.

Also found out the CTL file must be removed from the phone after it has been on the internal network for it to register from external.

Content for Community-Ad