cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Communicator 2.1.4 with TLS on CME

Nicholas Poole
Level 1
Level 1

I have configured a CME with TLS and the hardware IP Phones have downloaded the CTL and work with a security mode of authenticated without issue.

However, the IP Communicators just load up and say:

Registration Rejected:Max Phones Reached

If I set the device-security-mode to none again on the ephone for the CIPC it works again.

Any ideas?

2 Replies 2

Did you find a solution on this? We have same issue.

THanks

No solution found so far, I have even moved to IPC7.0.1.0 and still the same. If you read the new blurb it says:

"Security Features

• Authentication: Transport Layer Security (TLS)-based mutual authentication is provided using certificates with Certificate Authority Proxy Function (CAPF) and Locally Significant Certificate (LSC) X.509v3.

• Media encryption: Secure Real-Time Transport Protocol (SRTP) for voice traffic with Advanced Encryption Standard 128 (AES-128) encryption is offered when using Cisco Unified Communications Manager Version 6.1.3 or later. Video encryption with Cisco Unified Video Advantage is not supported.

Network Interoperability

• Cisco Unified Video Advantage 2.1 or later to enable video telephony

• Cisco Unified Communications Manager 4.3

• Cisco Unified Communications Manager 6.0, 6.1, and 7.0 when using Cisco IP Communicator with SIP call-control protocol; Version 6.1.3 or later is recommended

• Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express 4.1 (nonsecured SCCP only)

• Cisco Unified Survivable Remote Site Telephony 4.1 or 4.3 (nonsecured SCCP only)

• Cisco VPN Client 5.0.01.0600 or later"

so i guess it not supported but they could be a little clearer, for post CME 4.1 users