cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Communicator 2.1.4 with TLS on CME

Nicholas Poole
Level 1
Level 1

I have configured a CME with TLS and the hardware IP Phones have downloaded the CTL and work with a security mode of authenticated without issue.

However, the IP Communicators just load up and say:

Registration Rejected:Max Phones Reached

If I set the device-security-mode to none again on the ephone for the CIPC it works again.

Any ideas?

2 Replies 2

Did you find a solution on this? We have same issue.

THanks

No solution found so far, I have even moved to IPC7.0.1.0 and still the same. If you read the new blurb it says:

"Security Features

• Authentication: Transport Layer Security (TLS)-based mutual authentication is provided using certificates with Certificate Authority Proxy Function (CAPF) and Locally Significant Certificate (LSC) X.509v3.

• Media encryption: Secure Real-Time Transport Protocol (SRTP) for voice traffic with Advanced Encryption Standard 128 (AES-128) encryption is offered when using Cisco Unified Communications Manager Version 6.1.3 or later. Video encryption with Cisco Unified Video Advantage is not supported.

Network Interoperability

• Cisco Unified Video Advantage 2.1 or later to enable video telephony

• Cisco Unified Communications Manager 4.3

• Cisco Unified Communications Manager 6.0, 6.1, and 7.0 when using Cisco IP Communicator with SIP call-control protocol; Version 6.1.3 or later is recommended

• Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express 4.1 (nonsecured SCCP only)

• Cisco Unified Survivable Remote Site Telephony 4.1 or 4.3 (nonsecured SCCP only)

• Cisco VPN Client 5.0.01.0600 or later"

so i guess it not supported but they could be a little clearer, for post CME 4.1 users

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: