cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Communicator 8.6

jj2212
Level 1
Level 1

Need to understand why when I'm on an IP Communicator call on line 1 and a new call rings on another line the connected call drops.  I'm not automatically connected with the ringing call I still need to click on the line button to answer the call.  I'm on IP Comm 8.6.2.0 on Windows 7.  Am I missing a setting somwhere?

4 Replies 4

testeven
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

What's the CUCM version you have? Does this happen when using the headset or speaker only?

Make sure the IPC version you are using is supported with the CUCM version you have.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cipc/8_5/english/release_notes/CIPC8x_RN.html

Regards, 

Tere. 

If you find this post helpful, please rate!

Regards, Tere. If you find this post helpful, please rate! :)

We are using system version 8.5.1.14900-5.  The data sheet says 8.5.1 or later is compatable.  It happens in speakerphone mode.

Hi,

Can you try uninstalling and reinstalling the IPC? This sounds weird, does this happen when using a different PC?

Regards, 

Tere. 

If you find this post helpful, please rate! :)

Regards, Tere. If you find this post helpful, please rate! :)

I unistalled 8.6.2 and installed 8.6.1 IP Communicator and I don't seem to have the same problems I did have.  As well as dropping calls 8.6.2 would not stay in headset mode, it would default back to speakerphone mode.  Thank you for all your help.