cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Communicator Configure IP

GR54404
Level 1
Level 1

I have a few users that have been set up for softphone use and have installed the IP communicator software and set up the phone. It will work no issues they will shut down there PC and the next day log in and start the softphone software and it just sits at configure IP. They have to uninstall the software then reinstall before it will work. They are set up with an IPC name. The settings were copied from a known softphone that works with no issues.

5 Replies 5

Ritesh Desai
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi @GR54404 very strange issue.

Please help with topology diagram to understand like where is the CUCM server located, where is the DHCP server located, is the options 150 enabled with DHCP scope, is the CIPC located on thin-client machines, etc. Please help with information as much as you can because the issue described is high level. to narrow down will be useful if you give us more clarity.

Uninstalling and installing is not the solution.

thanks & regards,

Ritesh Desai

Please rate helpful posts.

*** Please rate helpful post. Please mark as answer if it solves your problem/query.
regards, Ritesh Desai

@Ritesh Desai Thanks for your reply but I dont have access to that information. It is only 2 users that are having this issue. We have a couple of hundred users that have been set up with soft phones and they dont have this issue. I do know the CIPC is not installed on thin clients. Users are at home connecting back to the network via VPN.

Hi,

Out of 100 users only 2 of them are facing

- then understand the agent behaviour are they trying to register the phone before the VPN is connected. Could be this the users are complaining.

- If no, check if the IP Address assigned by VPN. If the IP Address is assigned then check in CIPC Network settings correct adaptor is assigned. This is could be one of the reason. Wrong adaptor selected the phones will not register. Adaptor should be VPN adaptor in selection.

Try checking this.

Regards,

Ritesh Desai

Please rate helpful post.

*** Please rate helpful post. Please mark as answer if it solves your problem/query.
regards, Ritesh Desai

I would recommend to not specify the VPN client interface as the source for creation of the name of CIPC. That is all that the interface selection is used for, it’s not at all involved in control of the interface used for communication.

Reason to not use the VPN client interface is that some software VPN clients use the same MAC address for all clients. One example of this would be Pulse Secure. If you would use this interface to generate your CIPC name you would get multiple clients that would be using the same name and that obviously would not work.

Response Signature

@Roger Kallberg thanks for comment sharing your experience working with provider. I dint knew this. (+5)

@GR54404 why not you compare the CIPC settings out of few 98 phones and compare with 2 CIPC phones, I think this would be easier and help you to resolve it.

Additional you can refer to CUIC Administration v8.6.x  may this help you as well.

Please rate helpful post.

regards, Ritesh Desai