cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Communicator freezing with Jabra Link 220 Enabler

Joshua Heath
Level 1
Level 1

We have just begun replacing our GN Network 8110 USB Amplifiers with Jabra Link 220 Enablers for our customer service reps.  They work and there is no difference with the old amps until they have to record an authorization for a client.  We are using Cisco IP Communicator 2.1.4 and they are recording the calls by conferencing it to a seperate voicemail box and recording it as a voice mail message.  This has never been a problem before with the GN Network Amps but now with the Jabra Link 220 enablers IP Communicator will lock up once they conference in the other voice mail box.  The application will start flashing on screen, the call is dropped, and they will be unable to use the application again.  For reps that do not have to record calls we have no problems with them.

I called Jabra and they had a firmware upgrade which I applied but did not work.  They also suggested that we upgrade the IP Communicator to version 7.0.3 but I don't want to do that right now if I can help it.

Has anyone experienced an issue similar to this or have any thoughts?  Thanks for any response,

Josh

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You are in bad situation because both Cisco and the other vendor will deny that is their problem and is unlikely that either will take further steps based on your case only.

So if no new software can fix this, you only remedy is to cease using IPCP or the other product.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If it works with a USB headset or with the speakers/MIC on the laptop, its the Jabra.  There is not much IP communicator can do.   It simply uses the sound device drivers in Windows, nothing more.

It is not said that's USB device fault.

IPCP is very peculiar in handling audio devices and may be handling the device wrongly, reason for which it hangs.

Have you ever tried IPCP with logmein remote audio? It don-t ork, while all other applications do.

Joshua Heath
Level 1
Level 1

I also have something else to add to this:  When the reps close out of IP Communicator entirely this error message pops up:

They can select Abort, Retry, or Ignore and nothing happens; IP Communicator just closes.  I apologize if this problem is unrelated to the Cisco Product but I am at a loss as what to do now.  I have downloaded the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 and 2008 redistributable packages in case that would help but it did not.  Thanks for the assistance,

Josh

You are in bad situation because both Cisco and the other vendor will deny that is their problem and is unlikely that either will take further steps based on your case only.

So if no new software can fix this, you only remedy is to cease using IPCP or the other product.

I appreciate the responses.  We are going to test it out with IP Communicator ver 7.0.3 to see if that helps the issue.  Thanks,

Josh

Thank you for the nice rating and good luck!

Just wanted to send an update to this issue.  We have begun installing IP Communicator 7.0.3 and we have not had any problems whatsoever.

Josh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: