cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Communicator is not getting registered with CUCM..

harish9211
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

When um trying to register my ip phone with CUCM its showing "Configuring IP"...for long tym..

What can be the problem while registering.

Thanks and Regards,

Harish

10 Replies 10

acampbell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Have configured the IPC to use the correct ip addresses for the TFTP and the Call processors servers

Regards

Alex

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.

Hi Alex,

Um giving CUCM ip as TFTP ip in IPC.

Thanks and Regards,

Harish

abarkalg
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Harish,

Are you getting the IP from the DHCP ? did you try giving the IP manually and check if it can be registered?

Regards,

Abdul Sattar

Hi Abdul,

No um not using DHCP. I m giving ip manually.

Actually i have installed CUCM on vmware and by using gns3 um trying to register ip communicator with CUCM but its showing "Configuring IP"........

Thanks and Regards,

Harish

Can the PC running IPC actually ping the CUCM ip address (TFTP)?

I'd start there.

Ven

Ven Taylor

Hi Ven,

Yes i can ping from the PC where IPC is installed...

Thanks and Regards,

Harish

OKay.  Let's run down the process.

If you can ping the tftp server (publisher) can you check the CUCM and make sure the appropriate services are running?

Go to the Unified Serviceability page, choose the server, and check to see tftp service is running.

Are there any other devices that can register to the CUCM?

Ven

Ven Taylor

Hi Ven,

Yes Ven tftp service is running its status is "Activated"....

n yes i have registered one gateway with CUCM and it got registered successfully....

Thanks and Regards,

Harish

Hi All,

Please suggest some solution for this...plzz...

Thnks & R's

Harish

Hi,

Please go to your IPC, click on Menu (button next to the minimize button - on top right), go to preferences, go to Network, then check under device name which network card from your pc the IPC is using.

then double check if this is the correct configured MAC address you have configured on cucm.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: