cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Communicator time issue

mbarlow
Level 1
Level 1

I am encountering an odd error on the Cisco IP Communicators for a few employees, mostly with new Lenovo computers. Everything for the NTP serveres (on site) and the time zone settings on the laptopns are accurate. The laptop time, NTP time, and the Bioas time (albeit in 24 hours) match the UTC Easter Time zone time.

Problem is that the time on the IP communicator for some reason reads 4 hours ahead.

Even when I enter my soft phone credentials on these new laptops, it gives me a 4 hour boost even though it is correct on my laptop.

Running on CUCM 6 right now (upgrading) and tried IP Communicator 7 and the latest 8.6. All users with the issues, and without the issues are on the same location in Call Manager settings.

Anyone have any ideas as to a setting I may be overlooking somewhere?

Thanks

David

5 Replies 5

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Do these devices have proper date/time group assigned via its device pool?

Chris

They do. The device pool is the same as mine. When I enter their crediaentials on my work laptop, the time is correct as mine is incorrect on their laptops. 

I do not even have a time zone in CUCM that is four hours out.

mbarlow
Level 1
Level 1

Hoping somone has any ideas to help lead me in the right direction here. I though the softphones got the time directly from the NTP server referenced to the CUCM.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi David,

There are some good "time zone +" references in this thread

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/1110243#1110243

Cheers!

Rob

"Always movin' ahead and never lookin' back" - Springsteen

That thread helped fix some setting but I am still getting the error. I am upgrading the software so hopefully it fixes itself. The only thing I can see is that the CUCM still uses GMT only and the new laptops go with the UTC time. Hoping it is a small bug.

I just don't see where the computer interjects time zone changes onto the IP Communicator.

Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: