cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Communicator

Bpatel93
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to use IP communicator to troubleshoot someones phone? for example there is a client of ours that cant call internationally. I want to try calling internationally myself with IP communicator by basically using her phone if that makes sense. A tech before me showed a way of doing this but i have forgotten the process. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

1. Check the device pool and the CSS on the phone that you are trying to troubleshoot.
2. Register a CIPC either on the LAN or via VPN if remote. Use the same device pool and CSS on the CIPC.
3. Test.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jeffrey Ness
Level 1
Level 1
I would recommend using Dialed Number Analyzer instead of IP Communicator as it will show you based on a phone or Calling Search Space how a dialed number will be routed.

R0g22
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Configure the CIPC in the same device pool as the physical phone and use the same CSS on the line/device.

Im new to Call Manager, so what steps do i take exactly?

1. Check the device pool and the CSS on the phone that you are trying to troubleshoot.
2. Register a CIPC either on the LAN or via VPN if remote. Use the same device pool and CSS on the CIPC.
3. Test.

Thank you!

If you are in the same network where your client is or if you are using VPN connection to connect to the network, then you can configure your CIPC in the same way as per the phone you are T-shooting. 

You can also use any third party remote tool by which you can control end user's phone for T-shooting

Regards
Abhay Singh Reyal
The Only Way To Do Great Work Is To Love What You Do. If You Haven’t Found It Yet, Keep Looking. Don’t Settle
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: