cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Phone 6945

jszapipes
Level 1
Level 1

We recently installed approx. 25 6945 ip phones at our location in Hawaii. Delay seems to be preventing the phones to upgrade firmware. All my work arounds have failed. Any suggestions. Here is what I have tried:
Load server - installed all necessary files on local gateway and added tftp-server statements. Created common phone profile and specified ip of local gateway as the load server. Phone load name configured on phone. When I reset the phones they fail to upgrade. This process works for the 7945's and 7965's, but noy for the 6945's running SCCP6945.9-1-1-0.

They do not upgrade using CM as the tftp server using default loads either.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

1 Reply 1

Prashanthi Velpula
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Can you please confirm the below ?

1. Are you upgrading the firmware for the phones (6945) from version 9-1-1-0 ?

2. What firmware version are you upgrading to ?

3. Are these CME registered phones ? If so what is CME version ?

4. Are these CUCM registered phones ? If so what is CUCM version ?

Can you please post the configuration that was used as procedure to upgrade the firmware ?

Below is CME resource link, guide line for upgrade/downgrade the SCCP firmware:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmeinstl.html#wp1070512

Once you confirm the versions, i will be able to give you more information on the same ?

Regards

Prashanthi Velpula

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: