cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP phone 7821-- verify your network connection

Amna
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco IP Phone has started to show this message ' verify your network connection' problem. They have been using this phone for more than 5 years and I'm afraid more phone will get this kind of problem (currently 7 IP Phone has this problem). I've tested the faulty phone by change the cable, IP address, change to other port, used DHCP or static IP but the phone still not working.

I suspect it's a hardware problem, maybe the network port are burnt. Have anyone encounter this kind of problem, please give your opinion and advice.

13 Replies 13

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Is the phone getting a valid IP address?

unfortunately, it doesn`t get any IP . I configure static IP and restart the phone but still show same message !! 

Check the DHCP server.  

DHCP properly configured and every thing is fine. other clients their phones are connected and they can use it . We face this issue last week in 3 phone and today 4 users face it . I am scared the entire users in the organization will get same error.  phone firmware is sip78xx.10-2-1-12  

Hello @Leo Laohoo 

In my Issue, the IP phone got a valid IP and changed it frequently and periodically. what is the reason for that?

the IP phone Model is cp-8841, firmware sip88xx.12-6-1-0001-668

@abuahmed.sd wrote:
In my Issue, the IP phone got a valid IP and changed it frequently and periodically. what is the reason for that?

That's not how DHCP should behave. 

If the IP address is in use by the device, it will not force the device to get a different.  Something is wrong with the DHCP server.

Was  there any recent network changes happened on the switch which you connect the phones.

"verify your network connection" means ur phone is unable to connect to network. even after assigning static ip if phone doesn't work, check the Vlan on the port. and see what vlan phone got through CDP.

When cable not connected properly or Phone port issue as you mentioned    I have seen another error "network unavailable"

Response Signature

Actually, there is no change happen in network .This issue happened in different edge switches, which located in different building and phone Vlan configured and network port assigned to that Vlan. Everything was working and all of a sudden we face this issue until today I can`t found the reason !!

Last option raise RMA if u have smartnet.

Response Signature

Hello @Nithin Eluvathingal 

Yes, the error "network unavailable" appears, and other "Detecting Network" and "verify your network connection"

and the IP phone got a valid IP and changed it frequently and periodically. what is the reason for that?

Network Unavailable means that the port is having trouble connecting to the network. Cisco phones have different pins for power and data, so changing the cables and checking the network wall sockets might fix the issue. If not, I will raise RMA, as this indicates a fault with the phone port itself.
Detecting network, the phone is attempting to get the IP.

Verify your network, the phone did not receive an IP address or it is not getting IP.

I will check from the network level for the second and the third issues.

Response Signature

nilotpald2
Level 1
Level 1

Do a factor reset either from phone settings or pressing the keys in sequencing order after power recycling the phone. Alos you may check by connecting the phone in other network ports where some other ip phone is connected and working.

Last option upgrade the firmware. I think firmware version 10.x is no more supported by Cisco.

If still not working replace it.

Reset the DHCP service.

Thanks,

MK

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: