Views
Helpful
Replies

Ip phone 7911 G

walidit01
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all, 

i am a network administrator and security, we use in our company a cisco phone 7911G and CUCM attached to an active directory 2003, the problem that  we cant call with the name of users, just with the extension, i dont know where is the problem.

Thank you all for ur attention. 

best regards.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

kkoeper12
Level 3
Level 3

- as  Aditya Gupta said, you need to define the telephone number field for the end user. When you go to the Corporate Directory on the phone there is no phone number assigned to the user so the phone does not know what number to dial.

Your screen shot shows the telephone number field is blank. Since you are synced to LDAP you will need to add the number in LDAP and resync to see it on the end user page.

View solution in original post

You need to have the phone number populated to dial via directory, either populate it manually if local user, or in your LDAP if LDAP user.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

15 Replies 15

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Not sure what you mean, do you mean your directory is not working?? You're trying to dial URIs??

Versions????

HTH

java

Hi jaime, when i call with number its good but when i navigate to my contact and i try to call with name users it s not work.

If you mean a directory, exactly what directory are you talking about??

HTH

java

an ldap windows server 2003.

Can you verify if on the end user page of cucm , "Telephone Number" Field is updated with the DN of the user.

Regards

Aditya

okey i will check

hi aditya , 

everythings is updated.there is some troublshooting to do, i guess the problem is with synchronisation with ldap.what do you think?

Hi

If you can see those users in the CUCM Administration User Management-->End Users page, then its not related to LDAP.

I believe on the phone when you say dialing by name, you are talking about corporate directory ???

Regards

Aditya

ok for my phone example, in  End Users page i found this message: 

""

NOTE: The add and delete function are disabled because the user directory is sync with LDAP.
(i.e. The Enable Synchronization From LDAP Server flag on the LDAP System Configuration is checked)""

If possible can you just provide a sample screenshot from one of the end user , something like i have attached below :

this is my capture i remark that i dont have fild of number..

You need to have the phone number populated to dial via directory, either populate it manually if local user, or in your LDAP if LDAP user.

HTH

java

thank you jame.

kkoeper12
Level 3
Level 3

- as  Aditya Gupta said, you need to define the telephone number field for the end user. When you go to the Corporate Directory on the phone there is no phone number assigned to the user so the phone does not know what number to dial.

Your screen shot shows the telephone number field is blank. Since you are synced to LDAP you will need to add the number in LDAP and resync to see it on the end user page.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: