Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Phone 7911 is off after try restore to factory defaults

altesan35
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I restore an IP Phone 7911 to factory defaults, but when the process finish, phone dont work, just have a loop, but screen are off.

Someone have any idea about that??

Thanks a lot

3 Replies 3

dijohn
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Do you see the Phone switch on and then switch back on..?.

If yes, Do you have DHCP enabled on that VLAN?.

Is the phone getting an IP Address?.

Is DHCP Server giving an option 150 to the phone[TFTP]. This is where the phone will download its Firmware files.

Once you have done these checks and if that doesn't solve the problem. Could you configure a monitor session on the switchport where the phones are connected and collect a sniffer capture?.

Monitor session config

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps708/products_tech_note09186a008015c612.shtml

Connect a PC to the Monitor sesion destination port  and run wireshark on it.

http://www.wireshark.org/download.html capture from the LAN port.

Ideally you should see DHCP Discover, Offer, Request, ACK.

You need DHCP, plus OPTION 150 to be given to the phone.

HTH

PS:Rate useful posts.!

MARTIN STREULE
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi

do you have a pretty new CUCM with new phone firmware?

If "yes", your older "factory phoneload" might not be able to load the new firmware properly - and you have a "boot fest" on the phone.

Try to upgrade your affected phone to firmware 8.4.2 or 8.0.10 first (change "Phone Load" on Phone Admin page for that).

After they register with this firmware they are able to handle the newer firmwares.

When the phones register, delete the info you entered above so the phones can download the default load.

Cheers

Martin

altesan35
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, sorry I think need add more details.

I have a CUCME 7.1, when I finish restore the phone dont work again. When I connect the phone to the network (with PoE) display stay in off and the services and menu buttons blink for one second and after stay in off.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: