Views
Helpful
Replies

ip phone 7960 - direct sip call without sip provider

bauerstefan
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Users,

how can i initiate sip-calls to foreign sip-addresses without any sip-provider by my 7960 with sip firmware? I want to dial a remote address like number@remote-ip-address in a foreign country. a friend of mine just called my number@my-ip-address and he was able to reach me. If i try it right now, i always get the message from my operator, that such calls are not possible (foreign country).

looks like, my sip provider is always used - no direct call is done. How can i do this?

thanks in advance

stefan

2 Replies 2

freijn
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Stefan,

Need to do some tests here myself but have a look at:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7960g_7940g/sip/4_4/english/administration/guide/sipins44.html#wp1035997

Then the dialplan and route option, I think this might work.

Cheers,

Frank

Frank,

thanks for your answer. I'm just analyzing the dialplan and route options. Unfortunately the documentation you mentioned lack a few examples for the route setting within a dial-plan for my specific case.

Route= "route"  is default, emergency, or FQDN. FQDN is treated the same as default  proxy. Route indicates which proxy the call is to be routed to. This  entry is not case sensitive.

In my case i dont even want to use a proxy. Maybe proxy in this case is ment to be the host of the person i want to reach?

Stefan