Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Phone 7962

Hello,
I ran a factory reset parameters in a 7962. I can not figure out how to get them to point my TFTP server to upgrade. Can you help me? The phone is currently in an update loop.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for the reply. The phone obtains an IP address regularly from DHCP. But, viewing the TFTP log, I see no attempt to access it. The TFTP is on a server with ip x.x.x.210 I can not figure out how to give option 150 to DHCP. It is not available in the options

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Ratheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there

Are you able to access the settings of the phone. Then try enabling Alternate TFTP and see that helps

1. Press the Settings button on the telephone.
  2. Select Network Configuration from the menu that appears.
  3. In the Network Configuration menu, scroll down to select the Alternate TFTP option.
  4. If Alternate TFTP is set to No, go to step 5. If Alternate TFTP is set to Yes, go to step 6.
  5. Press * * # and then set to Yes. Do not press the Save soft key.
  6. Scroll up to select the TFTP Server 1 option.
    • If you are configuring a backup TFTP 2 server, scroll down to select the TFTP Server 2 option.
  7. Press the Edit soft key.
    • If you do not see the Edit soft key, press * * #
  8. Type the TFTP address to equal the value of your desired instance (cluster).
    • Make sure to press * on the keypad OR press the period "." soft key to enter the periods that separate the numeric TFTP values.
  9. Press the Validate soft key.
  10. Press the Save soft key.

Hope this Helps

Cheers
Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts***

R0g22
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
That's the way it will be. While in update loop, the phone would be requesting for "term62.default.loads" which is a archive of the firmware files. You cannot point the point by entering any configuration at this point. If the switchport has been provisioned correctly, the phone should get an IP address and option 150 from the DHCP server. Post that it will request for the term62.default.loads.

Remember, the file is tied to the hardware revision of the IP Phone, so a lower version default.loads won't work. My suggestion would be to download the latest firmware from CCO and use the term62 file from there.

Thanks for the reply. The phone obtains an IP address regularly from DHCP. But, viewing the TFTP log, I see no attempt to access it. The TFTP is on a server with ip x.x.x.210 I can not figure out how to give option 150 to DHCP. It is not available in the options

You should have it configured in your DHCP pool itself. Where is your DHCP ? IOS router ?

farokh1963
Level 1
Level 1

Ok this my first simple post how to upgrade 79xx series phones first put usb to network dongle in pc then go to network setting find your usb detected but also before use poe to connect to 79xx series phone and see that your phone starts  now do factory reset phone by pressing # key start phone now on pc usb adaptor change manually ip4 to 192.168.0.1, 255.255.255.0 and press ok dont worry it will show unregister no problem  now go to tftpd  and under settings select dhcp enter first line to 192.168.0.2 then come down dhcp option and put 192.168.0.1 255.255.255.0 and assign select 192.168.0.1 and select tick now put the files you want to upgrade restart the phone and wait for upgrade to finish so its very simple if further advice please update