cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Phone 8832 Alternative TFTP

alperez
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys, i have a new 8832 and i want to register it with a CUCM 11.5 the problem is that i can't see the alternative TFTP option. The phone gets IP but TFTP is missing and DNS has option 150.

Regards

7 Replies 7

Sadav Ansari
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Option 150 point out the TFTP server IP Address  in your case option 150 is configured for DNS why ?

Configure option 150 and mention TFTP server IP  in your DHCP Scope.

On the phone level you can also add alternate TFTP IP address manually.

Unlock network configuration options.
Step 2
Choose Apps > Admin Settings > Network Configuration > Alternate TFTP.
Step 3
Press Yes if the conference station should use an alternate TFTP server, or No if the conference station should
not use an alternate TFTP server.
Step 4
Press Select, and then press Save

Pls rate if its “Helpful”. If this answered your question pls click “Accept as Solution”.

Sorry, my mistake. The DHCP has te option 150 configure correctly. I already tried to configure manually but I don’t see the option in network configuration.

what firmware version you use, is it Enterprise version or 3pcc firmware ? if its 3pcc have a look on below link , Convert between Enterprise Firmware and Multiplatform Firmware for Cisco IP Phone 7800 and 8800 Series Guide

Response Signature

I assume your Internal DNS  server is acting as a DHCP server and you have configure the Option 150 too. but the phone doesn't show TFTp address Am I correct ?

Can you recheck again, if you have configured the option 150 correctly. since phone gets IP I believe some thing Wrong with  option 150 configuration on the DHCP. 

Also make sure, the phone getting IP from the Correct DHCP server. You can find the DHCP server IP from phone settings.

Why do you need  Alternative TFTP. configure the TFTP 1 and TFTP 2 address. 

IF your DHCP is on windows server, for option 150 configuration refer  below video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JCESszIg0A

follow the below video for option 150 on

Response Signature

The IP phone is getting the correct IP from pool and the option 150 is configure correctly because the other phones are registered with the CUCM but this is the only phone whit the issue. I was trying to put the TFTP manually but I don’t see in any menu the option.

Check the firmware version, I suspect it’s a 3pcc firmware. 

Response Signature

If DHCP scope is correct and phone getting correct IP and TFTP IP I would suggest to you kindly Delete ITL File from the phone I hope it will work.

Also access the phone web page and check the debug, status massage and network setting Configuration it will provide to you more info why phone not register with CM.

Pls rate if its “Helpful”. If this answered your question pls click “Accept as Solution”.