Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Phone 8845 can't park calls but 8945 can

I have CM 12.5.1.11900-146

8845 phone running 12.7(1)

Our receptionist was using an 8945 phone. I upgraded her to an 8845 phone. Now when she parks a call, it goes on hold and immediately start ringing back to her phone. The park reversion and park monitor reversion timer is set to 90 sec in cluster-wide parameters and the phone is set to use system defaults.

Any idea what would cause this? When I put the 8945 back at that position, it works as expected (when they park, the see the park number and the call doesn't come back until the timer expires).

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Turned out to be bad documentation.

The help tip on the DN config page states that a Park Monitoring Reversion Timer blank value will use the service parameter.

The help page on this states that a 0 value or blank value in the parameter will use the service parameter.

The DN had a zero value in the field, which worked to use the service parameter on the 8945 phone, but not the 8845. The field has to be blank.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

silvervoip
Level 1
Level 1

how about this one; CSCvd81939

I suggest you to raise Cisco TAC Case

Symptom:
Cisco 8845 phone retrieved call park itself

Conditions:
NA

Workaround:
NA

Further Problem Description:
NA

silvervoip
Level 1
Level 1

or downgrade firmware code and test again. so you can confirm if that is related to version you are running as of today.

Turned out to be bad documentation.

The help tip on the DN config page states that a Park Monitoring Reversion Timer blank value will use the service parameter.

The help page on this states that a 0 value or blank value in the parameter will use the service parameter.

The DN had a zero value in the field, which worked to use the service parameter on the 8945 phone, but not the 8845. The field has to be blank.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: