Views
Helpful
Replies

IP phone 8861-3PCC and key expansion module does not work

sanketgroup
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I just bought IP phone 8861-3PCC and Key expansion module.

I tried to attach key expansion module, but phone always says "Accessory disabled by administrator".

This is 3PCC model so i do now know why it showing this message.

I went to admin webpage of 3PCC phone, and looked everywhere, i also enabled Attendance console and set it to 1.

But still i get same message everytime.

Pls help me to resolve this.

Thanks

7 Replies 7

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Are you using PoE? If so make sure your switch is capable of providing 802.3at (PoE+). If not, you will need a power cube to power the KEM.

Is the phone registered with CUCM? Make sure there is an expansion module configured in phone setup (Device > Phone > find phone > Expansion Module Information).

Brandon

Hi Brandon

Yes I am using PoE+ (at) and also tried with cube but it always says disabled by administrator.

As I said before, this 3PCC and i am not using with CUCM.

Sorry, missed that. You can setup from the web interface.

Configure the Key Expansion Module in the Configuration Utility

When you set up the Key Expansion Module from the phone web interface, you can configure the key expansion modules to display in one-column or two-column mode.

In one-column mode, each row in the display corresponds to one line. You can access this line by either the button on the left or the button on the right. In this configuration, the key expansion module displays nine lines on page 1, and nine lines on page 2.

In two-column mode, each button on the left and right of the screen is assigned to a different line. The key expansion module displays 18 lines on page 1, and 18 lines on page 2.

Procedure
    Step 1   On the Configuration Utility page, click Admin Login > Advanced > Voice > Attendant Console.
    Step 2   From the Number of Units list, select the number of supported key expansion modules.
    Step 3   Click Submit All Changes.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/8800-series/3pcc/english/admin-guide/P881_BK_8E76EE4E_00_8800-series-3pcc-admin-guide/P881_BK_8E76EE4E_00_8800-series-3pcc-admin-guide_chapter_01111.html

Noticed in your original post that you had already changed this setting.

yeah, i already did that still its not working.

"Disabled by administrator"

Hi,

For the KEM to properly work please upgrade the phone to 11.x firmware, 11.0.1MPP477 is the latest load.

https://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=286255328&flowid=54175&softwareid=282074288&release=11.0(1)%20MPP&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

regards

jeboer
    Cisco Employee
    Cisco Employee

ps. please upgrade to 11.0 first to accomodate the transition from 10.x to 11.x2017-08-30_12-33-06_01.png