We have had an issue on several phones where the buttons stop working for no apparent reason. The phone can recieve calls just fine, but you can't place calls as none of the buttons work. Rebooting/resetting the phone does not help. I was wondering if this was any known issues and if there was a fix for it?
We are running the following:
System version: 22.214.171.12400-37
Any help is apprecriated,
I wanted to add this note to the good info from Tappan (+5)
This bug references SIP firmware, but I might try the workaround
just to be sure;
|8945 Keypad Locks up|
8945 SIP: Keypad locks up
To reproduce the issue and get the phone into the error state:1. Pickup handset when phone is idle, then the predictive dial Menu will show up
2. Press the down direction key, to move the focus to the Menu's first item
3. Press any one or more digit keys
4. Hangup the handset, the phone will go back to idle
5. If the user picks up the handset again, the digit key should not work because the focus is not on the input fieldWorkaround:
To recover the phone from the error state:1. Pickup handset when phone idle, then the predicative dial Menu will show up
2. Press up direction key up repeatedly, to make sure that the focus moves to the input field
3. Press any digit key
4. Then hangup the handset, the phone should return to idle and the phone will be back to normal
3 - moderate
In Last Year
Cisco Unified IP Phone 6900 Series
IP Telephony/Voice over IP (VoIP)
"A smile relieves a heart that grieves"
The user said it's intermittant, he's also a CCX user so that could be related as well. I asked him to try the posted work around next time the issue occurs. I'll update this discussion if it does.
Thanks for the suggestion!