IP Phone Called Party Transformation

JustForVoice_2
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

I have two IP phones:

Phone A, Ext: 101001

Phone B, Ext: 101002

I want to allow the 4-digit dialing. Therefore, I created a translation pattern to translate 10XX to 1010XX, in the same time I do not want the caller and called party to see the translation from 4 to 6 digits. So, I created calling party and called party transformation patterns. But there is no option on phone configuration page to add CSS for called party transformation.

Now I have the following scenario:

Phone A dial 1002 >> TP 1010XX >> Phone B shows “1001”

But on the screen of Phone A 101002,

How I can force Phone A to show 1002 only without 101002

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Vivek Batra
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Please check the service parameter "Always display the original dialed number" and change it to True, then share the result.

- Vivek

View solution in original post

Another possibility is to change the service parameter "Apply Transformations On Remote Number". On a side note, with the setup that you aim to have you will need wait for interdigit timeout since you will have a variable length dial plan. That is usually something that you would want to avoid.

Sincerely

Roger

Response Signature

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Vivek Batra
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Please check the service parameter "Always display the original dialed number" and change it to True, then share the result.

- Vivek

Thank you all,

This is how I solved the problem;

I created a calling party transformation pattern and change the calling search space for remote number transformation ONLY. in addition I changed the service parameter: Apply Transformations On Remote Number” (present under advanced section of Cisco Call Manager service).

Thanks for updating us. Any reason why you didn't rate my post? 

Please rate all useful posts

Sorry for that

Done (+5)

Another possibility is to change the service parameter "Apply Transformations On Remote Number". On a side note, with the setup that you aim to have you will need wait for interdigit timeout since you will have a variable length dial plan. That is usually something that you would want to avoid.

Sincerely

Roger

Response Signature

Create TP with the pattern 10XX and prefix 10 under called party transform. On the calling party transform use the mask XXXX. This way they can redial using 4 digit pattern instead of 6 digit.

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Like they say there are more than one way to skin a cat. The suggestions here all all valid..(+5 TO ALL)

You use Vivek's display of original dialled number or fi you want to be more specific in case you don't want this to apply to all called numbers then you can use the following combination..(Roger mentioned part of it)

1. Change the cucm service parameter "Apply Transformations On Remote Number" to True. You will need to click on advanced settings to see this..

2. Create a called party xformation of

pattern:1010XX ( assign to a partition eg Abbrev_PT)

called-party xform mask of XXXX

3. Go to the phone and under the "Number Presentation Transformation>Remote Number

Select a CSS that access to the PT your called party xformation is in and uncheck use device pool CSS

4. If you want to do this for large number of phones, you could also do it at the device pool level..

Under Phone Settings>Connected Party Settings> Connected Party Transformation CSS

assign the called part css above..

Please rate all useful posts

Just correcting step 4:

4. If you want to do this for large number of phones, you could also do it at the device pool level..

Under Device Mobility Related Information > Calling Party Transformation CSS

Select the CSS.

Connected Party Transformation CSS is applicable for inbound calls only, and won't have any effect in the above scenario.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: