Hope someone can help...
We have Cisco 7942 IP Phones.
We can make outgoing calls.
We can receive incoming calls.
We can transfer incoming calls to other internal phones.
We cannot however make internal calls!
When we try the phone rings but no-one can hear anything.
What could it be?
Thanks in advance
Can you check the calling search space assigned to IP Phone's directory number?
Let me know
Could you please check whether Calling Search Space of 7942 IP phone contains the Partition of the internal phone which you are trying to call ?
You may check the call details record and check where the call is hitting now.
You may run a Dialed Number Analyzer test and check the route of the call.
Hi Thanks for the reply.
Just to be clear this is not just one phone.
It is ALL phones to any internal number.
I think it is more likely to be some protocol or firewall issue but have no idea how to diagnose to see what needs to be enabled on the internet gateway.
Is the called party able to pick up the call successfully ?
Is this one way no audio or two way no audio issue ?
1. Check the call flow using the DNA
2. Understand which endpoint/gateway/CUBE is feeding the call to PSTN
3. Run the test call and let the called party pick up the call
4. Run a command "show call active voice brief" multiple times on the PSTN exit Gateway and see packet count (incoming + outgoing ) has been increasing or not.
4. If packet count is not increasing in regular interval, check the firewall that is facing the ISP and understand whether it is blocking any RTP traffic.
Reference :: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice/voice-quality/40309-show-call-act-voice.html
Did you make any progress ? Did you sort out the problem ?
Request you to endorse the suggestion if it helps.