Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP phone change backgroud image on specific phone

Hi everyone. Requirements are : I need to change back. image on specific  8845  to specific image, all those phones will have same image and users cant change it. 

I know I can do it with common device profile or on phone level , the question is what should I put on that field (in both methods): Background Image , should i put just the name of the image like

Background image: syn_wallpaper_12.png,  OR  should I put List.xml OR /Desktops/800x480x24/syn_wallpaper_12.png OR http://ip:6970/Desktops/800x480x24/syn_wallpaper_12.png ???

I couldn't find anything about it in Internet , on cisco docs.... 

I tried all of them none works , but if u tell how it should be at least i will know the problem somewhere else.

Anyone who has experience please share it ...

Thank you

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Just the name of the image: background.png

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

so just the name of the picture which i want to use , nice .

And I guess if phone registered on one server but tftp server is on another server phone will use tftp which is 1st  on phone boot config, correct ?

Thank you

The phone will look at the TFTP it has configured for that image, just as it would manually.

HTH

java

tried as u suggested with just name on Common device profile with Background image : name.png, and then on phone, Background image : name.png, Phone personalization is enabled in both cases ,phone is c8845 .   Every time after changes did save-apply -reset , phone reboots with no changes :( . I tested with default pictures which CUCM has.

Any advice ?  

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Endpoints_FAQ#How_can_I_bulk_change_the_background_image_for_all_my_endpoints.3F.3F

HTH

java

done fixed . it works now. did check-uncheck one more time and save -apply-reset and phones has image changed.

Thank you