Helpful
Replies

IP phone customization on CUCM 7.X

ayoussef.kamal
Level 1
Level 1

I have two Qs in CUCM 7.X related to phone customization

First:

How I disable directory service in the phone so when I press directory, it will show "no direcotry service".

Second:

How I can delete one specific ring tone in one phone . Example; delete "are you there" ring tone.

Any ideas??

8 Replies 8

hzaben
Level 1
Level 1

for disabling the directory service , from CUCM admin page --> device --> device setting --> phone services --> then open each service apears when accessing the directory button ( missed calls / placed calls / Corporate Directory ) and uncheck the enabled checkbox , then  save then reset the phones .

for the ring tones removal , you can download the ringlist.xml  (from your pc --> cmd --> tftp ip-address-of-CUCM get ringlist.xm ) , then you can modify this file by deleting the element you want to remove (i.e. Are You There 1AreYouThere.raw) , then you can upload the file again and override the existing one from your CUCM TFTP file management page , then restart the TFTP service and the phones to get the modified file .

let me know if any questions .

thanks

Haitham

if anyone is available for this,  I am trying to download the ringlist to modify it and can't seem to get the tftp from my pc to work. what are the steps?

thills
Level 4
Level 4

There is more than likely better ways of doing this in 7.x but this has worked for me on previous version.

For the directory

Save the following as an asp page on a web server some where

<%@ language=javascript%>
<%

function getBaseURL()
{
    var scriptName = Request.ServerVariables("SCRIPT_NAME") ;
    var endloc     = String(scriptName).lastIndexOf("/") ;
    var baseURL    = "http://" +
                     String(Request.ServerVariables("SERVER_NAME")) +
                     String(scriptName).substr(0, endloc + 1) ;
    return baseURL ;
}

Response.ContentType = "text/xml";
Response.Buffer = true;
Response.Write("\r\nSelect a directory\r\n");
Response.Flush();

%>

then point the Directories option on the Device at the url of the file you create.

For the ringtone you need to locate the ringlist.xml file on the tftp server and edit it to remove that ringtone then restart that phone and it will be removed. You can leave it like this but any phone that is using this ringtone when it is reset will loose the option to choose it. You could edit the ringlist.xml file and put that ringtone back only problem with this is if that phone is reset the user will be able to reselect that ringtone again.

Hope that helps?

Hello,

First:

How I disable directory service in the phone so when I press directory, it will show "no direcotry service".

Go to system-> enterprise parameters , delete the URL Directories .

Second:

How I can delete one specific ring tone in one phone . Example; delete "are you there" ring tone.

Update the attached file by deleting the raws that you don't want to be enabled then go to :

Go to the OS administration , software upgrade -> tftp file managment select upload file and upload the new file , after that restart the tftp server and checl.

Amer

I need to make those actions on specific phones.Can I?

The directories solution o provided will work per phone as you can hard code the URLs on per device basis.

On the ring tone will work as I describe in original post so yes you could do on phone if you restore the original ringlist.xml however if that phone is reset that it will reappear on the phone and the user will be able to reselect it. Or if you do not restore the original file if the rest of your phones are rest they will lose the ability to select that ringtone.

Regards

Tim

i will try and feed you back....

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: