Views
Helpful
Replies

Ip Phone Firmware upgrade file NOT getting Detected on CUCM

rakshit.dua1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Ip Phone Upgrade file is NOT getting detected on CUCM install/Upgrade options...

CUCM version :- 9.1.1.20000-5

IP Phone 7941, 7942

Current Firmware on the Phone and Device Defaults :- SCCP41.9-3-1SR1-1S

Upgrading to cmterm-7941_7961-sccp.9-4-2-1.cop.sgn and cmterm-7942_7962-sccp.9-4-2-1.cop

The Upgrade files are not getting recognized as Valid Upgrades

Error "No valid upgrade options were found"

and 

"Name does not match any filter pattern. "

Please see attached screenshot.

Confirmed that the MD5 value of the files uploaded on the SFTP are correct.

Please check and confirm.

10 Replies 10

Mohammed Khan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Rakshit,

Try installing "ciscocm.version3-keys.cop.sgn" and then install cmterm-7942_7962-sccp.9-4-2-1.cop.sgn and see if that works

https://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=284510097&flowid=45900&softwareid=282204704&release=COP-Files&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

HTH,

Regards,

Mohammed Noor

Hi Mohammed,

Thanks a lot for the quick response,

Will try the same and update you soon.

Regards

Rakshit Dua

Hi Rakshit,

How u are uploading the firmware files?

u need to use software upgrades---> tftp file management.

you are using software installation/upgrade

please refer this

You can use the Software Upgrades options to perform the following types of installations and upgrades:

Install/Upgrade—Use this option to upgrade the application software, install Cisco Unified Communications Manager Locale Installers and dial plans, install Cisco Unity Connection locales, and upload and install device packs, phone firmware loads, and other COP files.

TFTP File Management—Use this option to upload various device files for use by the phones to the TFTP server. The TFTP server files that you can upload include custom phone rings, callback tones, and phone backgrounds.

regds,

aman

Interesting as I am getting the same issues and I am installing the phone firmware files you referenced above and your instructions state to use the install/upgrade for phone firmware loads.

Here is the screen shot and list of files.

Hi Aman,

Please find the screenshot. After uploading all four files I need to restart TFTP service right?

Hi Ramiz,

Yes, u need to restart  tftp  service on the server which  u have uploaded files.

regds,

aman

Hello Aman,

As I was reading about it I came to know we can upload firmware in two ways. 

• Install/Upgrade— if we are uploading from here then we need to upload cop.sgn file for eg: cmterm-69xx-SCCP.9-4-1-3SR3.k3.cop.sgn 
  • and then tftp restart.

if file is uploaded from here then default firmware in device defaults changes automatically. 

• TFTP File Management— if we are uploading from here we can directly select load files by unziping folder cmterm-69xx-SCCP-9-4-1-3SR3

if we uploaded files from here then default firmware in device defaults will not change automatically however new firmware files are uploaded on server.

Please validate.

HI Ramiz,

Can u share the link?

secondly, u need to install ciscocm.version3-keys.cop.sgn

http://www.cisco.com/web/software/282074289/136420/cmterm-6921_6941_6961-sccp.9-4-1-3SR3-readme.html

regds,

aman

D_Lebedev
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I've face with same issue with our CUCM 10.5.2.

Applied keys_V3 patch,but no success.

TAC engineer also was not able to determine the reason.

What i did for success upgrade-i've created  iso image from existing cop file,uploaded it to Vmware storage and mounted it to CUCM CD-rom virtual machine.

I was able upgrade normal from local source.This issue was completely resolved in the last SU update for our CUCM.

Hope it helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: