cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Phone - Firmware version Reporting

us10610
Level 4
Level 4

We are in the process of upgrading UCM 5.1 to 7.1 and are in the process of updating the firmware of all of our phones. Is there a way to report which firmware version is running on each of the phones?

I thought that Operations Manager would discover this information but I haven't been able to find anything. Do people use 3rd party apps to discover and report ip phone information? If so, any recommendations?

Thanks in advance,

Greg

4 Replies 4

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Greg

I have written such an application - basically the only way to get the actual/running version is from the web server embedded in the phone. It's nearly ready for making available publicly.

PM me if you are interested in doing some beta testing for me :-)

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Very interested in your reporting app, as long as it is a scripted language.   We recently ran into a issue where we were pushing out firmware version 8.5(3) and found that anything prior to 8.3(3) would not upgrade and had to be upgraded to 8.5(2) first.   We were are in the process of scripting an SSH call to the phones to retrieve this information so we can make sure that all of our phones are upgraded to the latest firmware.

DN

While I'm cognizant that this is a fairly old thread, I'd apprecate taking a look if you still had the script available, Aaron.

Thanks!

EE

tacl75
Level 1
Level 1

i actually used cisco omsm to export the device reports with apps load column info. if not, we need third party then.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: