Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Phone Meet Me Service

Afternoon all,

Our CUCM enovrionment consisits of mainly 7970 phones. We use the Meet Me feature that's provided with Call Manager.

We have set our 'Meet Me' parameters to 8 although the 'Suggested Value' is 4.

I actually changed this parameter to 32 and successfully managed to get 32 internal (concurrent) phones connected to a Meet Me session.

My question is this: If I ran a Meet Me session with this many phones included during a busy day, could this impact the stablilty of call processing of our Call Manager Cluster?

We have approximately 1000 phones which regsiter between 4 subscribers. Total overkill I know, but we're certainly not oversubscribed.

Please note, this is for internal calling purposes only.

Regards,

Jamie

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You may want to consider running software media services on a dedicated server (or servers) in the cluster. 1,000 phones across 4 servers still doesn't tell the whole story. If you cluster is 4 nodes total, then your design may be right on par.  Depending on which server platform you are using. If you had 7835 servers, I would lean to the following node allocation:

1- Pub/TFTP

2- TFTP/software media services (MoH, software CFB, etc.)

3- Subscriber-1

4- Subscriber-2

I typically recommend separate software media processing from call processing if at all possible.

HTH.

Regards,
Bill

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You may want to consider running software media services on a dedicated server (or servers) in the cluster. 1,000 phones across 4 servers still doesn't tell the whole story. If you cluster is 4 nodes total, then your design may be right on par.  Depending on which server platform you are using. If you had 7835 servers, I would lean to the following node allocation:

1- Pub/TFTP

2- TFTP/software media services (MoH, software CFB, etc.)

3- Subscriber-1

4- Subscriber-2

I typically recommend separate software media processing from call processing if at all possible.

HTH.

Regards,
Bill

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify