cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP PHONE: my corporate directory shows all users (I just want to see the ones with extension)

liliana1307
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Cisco Community,

I have users in my corporate directory with and without extension. It is complicated for my end-user to locate who he is looking for since he can see an immense list of users and I want him to only display the list of users with an extension.
from CUCM -> end user. I see all the users that LDAP sends me.

From which server should this be restricted?
Can this restriction be done from CUCM?

I attach a photo of the IP phone(When I look for the name Carlos I get that whole list).

I hope the great help of this community.

Regards,

Liliana

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The built-in corporate directory is provide as-is, and cannot be modified. It will display all users that are in CUCM.

If you want less users from your LDAP, you'd need to adjust your configuration (LDAP sync agreements or LDAP filters)

Your other option is to either build your own custom directory or buy a 3rd party directory.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

liliana1307
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I did tests with my client days ago and we have had an improvement applying this filter and we have users with an annex; I have my case resolved.

custome_filter.png

Regards,

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The built-in corporate directory is provide as-is, and cannot be modified. It will display all users that are in CUCM.

If you want less users from your LDAP, you'd need to adjust your configuration (LDAP sync agreements or LDAP filters)

Your other option is to either build your own custom directory or buy a 3rd party directory.

HTH

java

thanks for answering.

so should I set up an LDAP filter that has organizational units and that contains only extensions?

about the custom directory is created one by one, manually correct?

Regards

No, you can create a custom directory to pull information from data sources, or you can create a static directory that would need to be manually updated as necessary.

HTH

java

You would need to filter out what is syncronised from AD to CUCM. You can create a custom LDAP filter that only will bring over users that has a phone number filled into this field.

Response Signature

Hello,

So I should configure or create an LDAP filter that has organizational units and that contains only extensions, correct?

Regards

What you would filter is up to your discretion to select. Please bear in mind that there is a default filter used if you have AD as the directory. You would want to include this in your custom filter. Check the documentation for this before you embark on this.

Response Signature

liliana1307
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I did tests with my client days ago and we have had an improvement applying this filter and we have users with an annex; I have my case resolved.

custome_filter.png

Regards,

Great that you got it to work. I would recommend you to amend your custom filter to include the default filter for AD. It would then look like this.

(&(objectclass=user)(telephonenumber=*)(!(objectclass=Computer))(!(UserAccountControl:1.2.840.113556.1.4.803:=2)))

Response Signature

Grateful, I will do it.

Do you have a guide to understanding the syntax or nomenclature of the bold highlights?

(&(objectclass=user)(telephonenumber=*)(!(objectclass=Computer))(!(UserAccountControl:1.2.840.113556.1.4.803:=2)))

It’s normal format of LDAP filters. There are tons of reference material on the big bad web for you to read.

(!(object class=Computer)) means not computer objects

(!(UserAccountControl:1.2.840.113556.1.4.803:=2))) means not disabled users

A ! means not and an & means and.

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: