Helpful
Replies

IP phone not connecting with server?

MarkI122333
Level 1
Level 1

I'm an agent in a call center.

Desk phone - Cisco IP Phone 7941.

When I go into "directories" on my phone, none of the "missed calls", "received calls", or "placed calls" entries are accurate. They are showing an ex-employee's information from about a year ago. I also noticed when I would receive a call from the queue, before this issue started, the call light would turn green. Now It's orange. Previously when the call light was green my call directory was updating properly.

I have swapped hard phones but the issue persists. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Adam Pawlowski
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Whenever that's happened to me that's usually been the trust list in the phone is no good.

If you go to settings -> status -> status messages you would probably see "Trust List Update Failed" or similar.

If that's the case:

Press Settings (gear or checkbox)

Press **# and wait for “Settings Unlocked!” or the lock symbol in the corner to open up

Press Security Settings (4)

Press Trust List (5)

Press ITL (2)

Press the ‘More’ softkey

Press the ‘Erase’ softkey

Note this process erases both the ITL and CTL files.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You should be reaching out to your IT department for this.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I have. There is no progress being made and we are overwhelmed with customer support requests so it's a low priority.

Adam Pawlowski
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Whenever that's happened to me that's usually been the trust list in the phone is no good.

If you go to settings -> status -> status messages you would probably see "Trust List Update Failed" or similar.

If that's the case:

Press Settings (gear or checkbox)

Press **# and wait for “Settings Unlocked!” or the lock symbol in the corner to open up

Press Security Settings (4)

Press Trust List (5)

Press ITL (2)

Press the ‘More’ softkey

Press the ‘Erase’ softkey

Note this process erases both the ITL and CTL files.

Thanks for the reply Adam. I do in fact see that error in the status messages. As far as deleting the list though, I'm not as much interested in clearing out the old entries as I am in making sure the phone is properly configured on the network. Will deleting these files force a reconnection/sync with the server?

Yes, if you delete the ITL assuming your system works it will just load the new one. If it’s secured and you delete the CTL, it will need to be re-enrolled by the administrator. Most systems aren’t secured but check yours. It will then begin accumulating entries from that point forward - they’re not stored on the system. This is also why some services may be broken, config changes won’t take, or you can no longer change the ringer or background.