We have a CUCM 8.5.1 cluster and the phones regestered are Cisco 8961 IP phones. I am able to add and register a new 8961 phone. But I am not able to make a change on the phone. For Example: I am changing the alerting name on the line of the IP phone. I am able to save it and it gets refelected on all the 2 subscribers. But it is not getting reflected on the IP Phone. Also when I am trying to do a hard reset the IP phone by pressing settings button and **#**, its not happening. Sometimes it gets reflected back by restarting the CUCM cluster. Kindly help.
Do u have only 8961 phones registered in cluster or any other models as well?
If yes, are changes made reflected on these models?
Secondly, what is the firmware version of 8961 IP phones?
try **#, more, erase. did you tried resetting the cucm?, if still not working as amanso said, what is the firmware version of the phone.
Thanks for the reply.
I have cisco 7911 also registered. In 7911 also the same issue. The changes made on the cucm is not reflected back on the IP phones. The changes which I tried for testing are, changed the 1) Alerting name, Display (Internal Caller ID), Line Text Label & 2) CSS, Partition & 3) Auto Answer. These changes I made for testing purpose. But the changes are not effected on the IP Phones both 8961 & 7911.
8961 Firmware: sip8961.9-1-1SR1
7911 Firmware: SCCP11.9-1-1SR1S
Can u try upgrading each phone model 8961 and 7911 to one above release ?
Upgrdae 8961 to 9.1(2) : cmterm-8961.9-1-2.cop.sgn
Upgrade 7911 to 9.2(1) : cmterm-7911_7906-sccp.9-2-1.cop.sgn
Follow the procedure of phone upgrade individually.
If it works, then we can upgrade all the phones.
I tried upgrading the 7911 IP Phone. But it is not upgrading. I have uploaded the required file on the CUCM and it is a success. I even mentioned the new Phone load and saved. Then I did TFTP restart and also the cucm restart for both pub and sub. No help!!
Try updating the firmware for an individual phone by using a TFTP server on your laptop as mentioned in the previous post,
Then see if there is any luck.
Also how many number each of the ip phone models are there in this setup. Is it a lab setup or production??
This issue seems to be a database replication error.
Please check the database status from RTMT tool.
In the POST mentioned by Mr. Fawaz, says that changes made in CUCM are reflected on Subscribers . This means DBreplication is fine.
But, we can ask Fawaz to provide status of utils dbreplication runtimestate from Publisher using CLI.
Yes may be reflected in subscriber but what about publisher.
For better purpose it's good to verify once replication status and that too with RTMT
Definitely its a database replication issue between the Publisher and Subscribers. In your case i believe phone is registered with the subscriber.
Below link will give you a clear understanding about the replication issues