Views
Helpful
Replies

IP phone not Resetting

khanfawaz
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have a CUCM 8.5.1 cluster and the phones regestered are Cisco 8961 IP phones. I am able to add and register a new 8961 phone. But I am not able to make a change on the phone. For Example: I am changing the alerting name on the line of the IP phone. I am able to save it and it gets refelected on all the 2 subscribers. But it is not getting reflected on the IP Phone. Also when I am trying to do a hard reset the IP phone by pressing settings button and **#**, its not happening. Sometimes it gets reflected back by restarting the CUCM cluster. Kindly help.

Regards,

Fawaz Khan

17 Replies 17

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Fawaz,

Do u have only 8961 phones registered in cluster or any other models as well?

If yes, are changes made reflected on these models?

Secondly, what is the firmware version of 8961 IP phones?

regds,

aman

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Fawaz,

Did u try making any other change like Partition/CSS, DN?

regds,

aman

kaja_2kj3
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

try **#, more, erase.  did you tried resetting  the cucm?, if still not working as amanso said, what is the firmware version of the phone.

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I have cisco 7911 also registered. In 7911 also the same issue. The changes made on the cucm is not reflected back on the IP phones. The changes which I tried for testing are, changed the 1) Alerting name, Display (Internal Caller ID), Line Text Label & 2) CSS, Partition & 3) Auto Answer. These changes I made for testing purpose. But the changes are not effected on the IP Phones both 8961 & 7911.

8961 Firmware: sip8961.9-1-1SR1

7911 Firmware: SCCP11.9-1-1SR1S

Regards,

Fawaz

Hi Fawaz,

Can u try upgrading each phone model 8961 and 7911 to one above release ?

Upgrdae 8961 to 9.1(2)  : cmterm-8961.9-1-2.cop.sgn
Upgrade 7911 to 9.2(1) : cmterm-7911_7906-sccp.9-2-1.cop.sgn

Follow the procedure of phone upgrade individually.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/phones/ps379/products_tech_note09186a0080a277a3.shtml

If it works, then we can upgrade all the phones.

regds,

aman

Hi,

I tried upgrading the 7911 IP Phone. But it is not upgrading. I have uploaded the required file on the CUCM and it is a success. I even mentioned the new Phone load and saved. Then I did TFTP restart and also the cucm restart for both pub and sub. No help!!

Regards,

Fawaz

Hi Fawaz,

Try updating the firmware for an individual phone by using a TFTP server on your laptop as mentioned in the previous post,

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/289187

Then see if there is any luck.

Also how many number each of the ip phone models are there in this setup. Is it a lab setup or production??

Regards

TT

Hi Fawaz,

Did u mention firmware name under phone Load name in DEvice ---phone ?

regds,

aman

Nishant Savalia
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Khan,

This issue seems to be a database replication error.

Please check the database status from RTMT tool.

Thanks,

Nishant

Regards, Nishant Savalia

Hi Nishant,

In the POST mentioned by Mr. Fawaz, says that changes made in CUCM are reflected on Subscribers . This means DBreplication is fine.

But, we can ask Fawaz to provide status of utils dbreplication runtimestate from Publisher using CLI.

regds,

aman

Yes may be reflected in subscriber but what about publisher.

For better purpose it's good to verify once replication status and that too with RTMT

Thanks,

Nishant

Regards, Nishant Savalia

Definitely its a database replication issue between the Publisher and Subscribers. In your case i believe phone is registered with the subscriber.

Below link will give you a clear understanding about the replication issues

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00809643e8.shtml

Vijay

kevinmpotts
Level 1
Level 1

I know this may sound funny but are you also applying the config?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Robert Thomas
Level 7
Level 7

Can you get us a show tech dbnotify From all servers attached to the thread.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: