Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Phone PC Port as Switch port

david.cristobal
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I have about 100 Cisco 7911 deloyed in a hospital and every week I have problems with them, because patients change the RJ45 from the switch port to the PC port and the phone stops working (bored people is very dangeorus if they have a phone with a lot of buttons).

I have changed the softkey template to only allow "New call", but the problem with the wire change is still giving me problems.

Is there any way to "replicate" the switch port to the PC port, so it doesn't mind in what connector is pluged the RJ45 wire?

Thanks a lot for your help

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ronpatel
Level 8
Level 8

Hi David,

Very strange requirement. But I think we can not change it, as this is hardware level circuit.

Regards

Ronak Patel

Please rate helpful posts.

Regards Ronak Patel Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

ronpatel
Level 8
Level 8

Hi David,

Very strange requirement. But I think we can not change it, as this is hardware level circuit.

Regards

Ronak Patel

Please rate helpful posts.

Regards Ronak Patel Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

garethpeart
Level 3
Level 3

David,

You might look at something like this. That would hopefully stop people messing with the phones (handy for schools as well)

Gareth

I have seen that systems before, but I can't change the installation (it has been installed 4 moths ago, if I say now that they have to reinstall all the connectors, they will kill me XD ), so I need to protect it by software.

david.cristobal
Level 1
Level 1

Sorry for answer too lte.

I have asked it to Cisco's Tech Support and says that iot's not possible, as Ronak says before.

Thanks a lot for our help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: