Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Phone provisioning doubts: Self-Prov, TAPS, BULK

Dear guys,

In a few weeks we'll need provisioning thousands ip phones in a new CUCM 11.5 cluster. Some sites with diferent call permissions per site, different device pools, voicemail profiles, External Phone Number Masks, etc.....

I think the best way is use TAPS becouse I can create all phones/lines/users with the final configuration like BATFFFFFFFFFF before deploy the phones,but in this case we haven't got UCCX for that. I'm thinking use the CUCM Self-Provisioning but I encounter doubts. I see the feature usefull to deploy phones with the same configuration (css,device pools,voicemail profile,...) but not when I need deploy hundreds of phones with different properties.

The final way is configure the phones manually with BULK (BAT file) taking all the MAC Address...... horror.

What is the best/quick way for deploy a lot of ip phones with differents properties in the last CUCM versions? Anyone with experience in large deployments using Self-Prov for know the feedback?

Thanks so much!

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You're correct, self-provisiong will provide the same settings to all devices, you would need to change the configuration for every site as required, before calling the IVR.

Your options would be either do it all via BAT, or use self-provisioning to provide you with a baseline configuration on all devices, and then update as required with BAT.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

Thanks so much Jaime, I'll go with TAPS cause I think Its better for large deployments with different IP Phone preferences....

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You're correct, self-provisiong will provide the same settings to all devices, you would need to change the configuration for every site as required, before calling the IVR.

Your options would be either do it all via BAT, or use self-provisioning to provide you with a baseline configuration on all devices, and then update as required with BAT.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks so much Jaime, I'll go with TAPS cause I think Its better for large deployments with different IP Phone preferences....

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: