Views
Helpful
Replies

IP phone Question

shurufade
Level 1
Level 1

when users logout their Device profile of the phone , the phone still rings 

is there any option to disable this or stop ip phones ringing after user UDP logout 

thanks 

shurufade

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If the DN that the device has when no EM is logged in, is reachable by users, it will ring, nothing to do there.

Create a separate UDP and assign it to the devices as the logged out profile and use a DN no one will dial.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thank you the update jaime

however  let me clarify this bit more,    I have a branch with 6 users who are logged on to their ip phones .. where their line group is set as broadcast(see screenshot) which means that their phones will ring simultaneously  right. 

so what i am looking for is that when  two users log out from their phones . i just want to ring the remaining 4 phones not all the phones 

so will there be a box to untick in CUCM hunt to avoid logged out phones from ringing 

hope that helps 

let me know what you think

thanks mate

Hi Shurufade.

What you can do is put the logged out phone's DN into a different partition of UDP's DN.

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Have you tried giving the users the HLOG key? They can log out the hunt group prior to logging out their UDP. You should also consider what Carlo & Jaime (+5) have recommended.

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh