Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Phone "Corporate Directory" softkey

nikolaratkovic
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I have Cisco IP Communicator installed recentrly and when I press "Directories" button "Corporate Directory" is not showing. I also have 7911, 7940 and 7960 with same problem, but for testing I only use IP Communicator. I suppose it is the same problem on all phones, and it is about some directory settings on my CallManager.

I'm using CUCM 6.0.

Please help me with this issue

Thanks

4 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Take a look at the URL Directories value under the Phone URL Parameters section in System > Enterprise Parameters. If it uses a FQDN instead of IPv4 make sure that the phone or IP communicator can resolve the address. If you put the URL shown there into your browser it should return something similar to this:

Personal Directory

http://serveraddress:8080/ccmpd/pdCheckLogin.do?name=undefined

Corporate Directory

http://serveraddress:8080/ccmcip/xmldirectoryinput.jsp

Select a directory

After that then next thing would be to confirm that the Corporate Directory is either globally subscribed; or, individually subscribed to the device. Device > Device Settings > Phone Services is the menu. The Corporate Directory service exists by default and the Enterprise Subscription column should show true. If it shows false you will need to subscribe the individual device to the service instead.

View solution in original post

Enterprise Subscription is only an option when you first create the service. You cannot set that after the fact. You would need to delete and recreate it including the Enterprise Subscription checkbox this time.

I don't understand your BAT question.

Unfortunately I don't think CUCM 6.x supports the "enterprise service" (7.x + I think), but I havent got a CUCM 6.x box to hand to test it with.

I've had bad experiences with BAT in the past where it just completely ignored the addition of a service using CSV files. You can have a play with it though. I recommend you build an example phone, or Extension Mobility Profile, with the services you require and then export that particular device and it'll have the fields pre-filled in with the stuff you need. You can then just copy/paste...

One other way of doing it is instead of using CSV's is to use the BAT tool in CUCM to build a "phone template" with the services you require. You can then do a bulk "update phones", and after you have identified the phones you wish to edit in the query you can use the "Add services from this template" box which is nearly at the bottom of the page of configurable fields. The "Remove duplicate" box is also very useful!

HTH

Mike.

Strange on both counts! Users can be a difficult to achieve in BAT (Im about to do 700 or so now, let battle commence).

How does your corporate directory not dial? Are you missing the dial key? If you can press dial then the fault likely lies with your CSS and PT configuration potentially?

Mike.

8 Replies 8

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Take a look at the URL Directories value under the Phone URL Parameters section in System > Enterprise Parameters. If it uses a FQDN instead of IPv4 make sure that the phone or IP communicator can resolve the address. If you put the URL shown there into your browser it should return something similar to this:

Personal Directory

http://serveraddress:8080/ccmpd/pdCheckLogin.do?name=undefined

Corporate Directory

http://serveraddress:8080/ccmcip/xmldirectoryinput.jsp

Select a directory

After that then next thing would be to confirm that the Corporate Directory is either globally subscribed; or, individually subscribed to the device. Device > Device Settings > Phone Services is the menu. The Corporate Directory service exists by default and the Enterprise Subscription column should show true. If it shows false you will need to subscribe the individual device to the service instead.

Thanks for answer,

I created Corporate Directory in IP Phone Services Configuration menu. Also created, Corporate Directory parameter under Service Parameter Information menu, but I dont see Enterprise Subscription colum. And now I must do subscription for every device individualy (I have over 700 devices ). So I must find a way to globaly subscribe Corporate Directory for every device.

One more question. When I import users over BAT file, does subscription with line run automaticaly, and what fields I must configure in BAT?

Enterprise Subscription is only an option when you first create the service. You cannot set that after the fact. You would need to delete and recreate it including the Enterprise Subscription checkbox this time.

I don't understand your BAT question.

Unfortunately I don't think CUCM 6.x supports the "enterprise service" (7.x + I think), but I havent got a CUCM 6.x box to hand to test it with.

I've had bad experiences with BAT in the past where it just completely ignored the addition of a service using CSV files. You can have a play with it though. I recommend you build an example phone, or Extension Mobility Profile, with the services you require and then export that particular device and it'll have the fields pre-filled in with the stuff you need. You can then just copy/paste...

One other way of doing it is instead of using CSV's is to use the BAT tool in CUCM to build a "phone template" with the services you require. You can then do a bulk "update phones", and after you have identified the phones you wish to edit in the query you can use the "Add services from this template" box which is nearly at the bottom of the page of configurable fields. The "Remove duplicate" box is also very useful!

HTH

Mike.

I tried to import USERS from BAT file, but I failed Nevermind, I will make one by one, and I have only 700 users

For now, I set up Corporate Directory and all looks fine, only one thing... Now I cant dial from Corporate Directory. First I could, but now i can not, and I dont know what I changed. Do you have any idea what it could be?

Strange on both counts! Users can be a difficult to achieve in BAT (Im about to do 700 or so now, let battle commence).

How does your corporate directory not dial? Are you missing the dial key? If you can press dial then the fault likely lies with your CSS and PT configuration potentially?

Mike.

Hi, thanks for response.

"Dial" softkey is there, but when I press that, nothing happend. I associated end user with line, also defined owner user ID, and in End User Configuration I configured Device Associations and Directory Number Associations.

Hi, thanks for response.

I did all necessary configs, in End user configuration I associated device with phone line, and choose a primary line. In line configuratins I associated user with that line, and in phone settings I defined owner user ID.

The "Dial" key is there, but not functioning. When I press that nothing happend.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: