cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ip phone registering to another cluister's subscriber

noc mcc
Level 1
Level 1

In my network I have many clusters .When I remove an ip phone from from L2 of one cluster and connect it to L2 switch in another cluster at different location, it is supposed to take new ip and get registered to the subscriber of second cluster.the ip phone took new ip address .However, it was showing registered to subscriber of first cluster only.After deleting the CTL/ITL file from phone it got registered to the subscriber of the second cluster.In such a situation what should be the ideal behaviour of phone and What could have been the possible reasons for such deviation from ideal behaviour?

2 Replies 2

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

This is the ideal behaviour of ip phones in scenarios like this. This is because the phone doesn't have the required certificates to register to the new cluster. For this to work seamlessly, you will need to do consolidate certificates from both cluster, so the phone certs can be trusted by servers in both clusters

Please rate all useful posts

Stephen Welsh
Level 4
Level 4

I strongly recomend getting a full understanding of Security by Default and it's implications, UnifiedFX (The creator of PhoneView) are hositng a series of educational webinars on this subject:

================================================================

The Essentials of Endpoint Security & Compliance

• Session 1: The Impact of Security by Default (5th Sept)
• Session 2: Understanding and Managing ITL & CTL Files (12th Sept)
• Session 3: Leading Practices for Endpoint Security & Compliance (19th Sept)
Spaces are limited and we anticipate high demand, so please register early:

http://events.unifiedfx.com

================================================================

Kind Regards.

Stephen