Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP phone Registration failure after Reboot of Router

I have configured 3, 8851 Ip phones on a router. When I reboot the router only one phone registers. The other two do not and and display the message Unprovisioned. The will register if I go into the router and use the command voice register global/ create profile. I cant seem to figure out what I am doing wrong...

5 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

You need to do  "create Profile" by under voice register global when ever you make any changes or adding new phones.

Also Make sure you add the correct mac address for voice register pools.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

Ok I'm pretty sure I did that, but will redo the the profile and issue that command. I'll also check the MAC address. Thank you and I'll get back to you..

I am doing all of this through CLI 

I understand after each change to the profile change,  I need to use the Voice register global / create profile command to save the changes. I'm still having a hard time getting the phone to update. If I can get it see the updated firmware. Its taking the config because I have to enter a password to get into the setting. My biggest problem I feel Is I'm not understanding how to get the phone to update to the newest firmware 

I do that once I get past this registration hurtle... Love the help though I would be totally lost without you guys...

5 Replies 5

You need to do  "create Profile" by under voice register global when ever you make any changes or adding new phones.

Also Make sure you add the correct mac address for voice register pools.

Response Signature

Ok I'm pretty sure I did that, but will redo the the profile and issue that command. I'll also check the MAC address. Thank you and I'll get back to you..

I am doing all of this through CLI 

I understand after each change to the profile change,  I need to use the Voice register global / create profile command to save the changes. I'm still having a hard time getting the phone to update. If I can get it see the updated firmware. Its taking the config because I have to enter a password to get into the setting. My biggest problem I feel Is I'm not understanding how to get the phone to update to the newest firmware 

I do that once I get past this registration hurtle... Love the help though I would be totally lost without you guys...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: