Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP phone registration rejected ...DB config error

Hi Community,

Hope every one is well...i am having a issue with couple of new cisco 7945 CCM 6.1....iam getting ip phone registration error with db config error....i have tried everythinhg cisco and guys on google recomended apart from reeboting sub and pub as i dont feel the need for it as DB between two is synchronized and in good state...

i have tried reseting phone to default, checked Database replication of pub and sub which is in state 2 ( good), i have deleted network configs and device configs from phone, ched cucm and seeting for auto registration are fine,deleted unused assigmed DN's,Ip setting for TFTP , DNS , default gateway and ip add all looks good. i cant find phone in call manager with mac and when i try to add it says entry already exsist with same mac....in status messages i see below erros

1) DNS unknown host ------ according to cisco make sure tftp and call manger ips are resolved in DNS i have checedk DNS they are resolved and rest of pones not having any isssue only new two...

2) "MAC ADDRESS".conf.XML -------- at this points finds a file

3) file not found "MAC ADDRESS".conf.XML-------- at this point cant find file

4) no ctl found

5)file not found  CTLFILE.tlv

Guys any ideas as i checked everything .....as its ccm 6.1 licenses for authorized unit is 4940 but used is 5189 i know in old call managers  you can get away with adding more devices than license purchased for but the prob is its not causing prob for other devices only this,,,,,thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Mohammad.

This output confirms that no device has the same mac address of the IP Phone you are trying to add.

Can post the exact error message that you receive when you try to add th Phone?

There are some bugs in 6.1 that colud fit to your case.

Carlo.

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

Hi

Do you have the same issue for multiple new 7945 devices? They were never registered to this CUCM before?

If you don't want to reboot the servers, you might want to try restarting the TFTP service.

Thijs

HI Thijs,

Thanks for reply yes i have issue for with both 7945, managed to put 18 succesfully on network but not these two ....prob with tftp is it will cause company wide voip outage so if gona cause outage i might as well restart servers what do you think ?

thanks

Hi Mohammad.

Just to be sure that another entry doesn't exist, run the following command from cucm command line:

run sql select * from device where name like '%' using the MAC of your 7945.

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Hi and thanks carlo i issue the command with mac of my phoen and out put i got was "column ( mac add) not found in any table in query or slv is undefined ...thanks

Hi Mohammad.

The correct sintax is run sql select * from device where name like '%012345678900'

Change only 012345678900 with your MAC.

Regards

Carlo

Hi carlo,

I issued the command on sub and pub and it gave me same output but not sure what to make of it .. below is output ta

pkid name description tkmodel tkdeviceprotocol tkprotocolside specialloadinformation fkdevicepool fkphonetemplate fkcallingsearchspace ctiid tkclass fkprocessnode defaultdtmfcapability fklocation tkproduct dialplanwizardgenid deviceleveltraceflag fkenduser allowhotelingflag tkdeviceprofile ikdevice_defaultprofile fkmediaresourcelist userholdmohaudiosourceid networkholdmohaudiosourceid unit subunit xml tkcountry tkuserlocale tkproduct_base fkcallingsearchspace_aar fkaarneighborhood fksoftkeytemplate retryvideocallasaudio routelistenabled fkcallmanagergroup tkstatus_mlppindicationstatus tkpreemption tkstatus_builtinbridge mtprequired tkqsig tkpacketcapturemode packetcaptureduration authenticationstring tkcertificatestatus upgradefinishtime fkmlppdomain transmitutf8 ignorepi tknetworklocation v150modemrelaycapable tkcertificateoperation fksecurityprofile fkdialrules fkcallingsearchspace_reroute fkcallingsearchspace_refer unattended_port tkdtmfsignaling requiredtmfreception publickey fksipprofile rfc2833disabled allowcticontrolflag datetimeinserted sshpassword sshuserid fkcallingsearchspace_restrict fkmatrix_presence fkcommonphoneconfig tkkeyauthority tksipcodec_mtppreferredorigcodec md5hash srtpallowed isstandard resettoggle tkreset versionstamp fkcommondeviceconfig huntlistforvm remotedevice tkstatus_devicemobilitymode dndtimeout tkdndoption tkringsetting_dnd isdualmode fkcallingsearchspace_cgpntransform fkenduser_mobility tkoutboundcallrollover tkphonepersonalization tkstatus_joinacrosslines tkbarge ikdevice_primaryphone tkstatus_audiblealertingidle tkstatus_audiblealertingbusy isactive tkstatus_alwaysuseprimeline tkstatus_alwaysuseprimelineforvm

pkid name description tkmodel tkdeviceprotocol tkprotocolside specialloadinformation fkdevicepool fkphonetemplate fkcallingsearchspace ctiid tkclass fkprocessnode defaultdtmfcapability fklocation tkproduct dialplanwizardgenid deviceleveltraceflag fkenduser allowhotelingflag tkdeviceprofile ikdevice_defaultprofile fkmediaresourcelist userholdmohaudiosourceid networkholdmohaudiosourceid unit subunit xml tkcountry tkuserlocale tkproduct_base fkcallingsearchspace_aar fkaarneighborhood fksoftkeytemplate retryvideocallasaudio routelistenabled fkcallmanagergroup tkstatus_mlppindicationstatus tkpreemption tkstatus_builtinbridge mtprequired tkqsig tkpacketcapturemode packetcaptureduration authenticationstring tkcertificatestatus upgradefinishtime fkmlppdomain transmitutf8 ignorepi tknetworklocation v150modemrelaycapable tkcertificateoperation fksecurityprofile fkdialrules fkcallingsearchspace_reroute fkcallingsearchspace_refer unattended_port tkdtmfsignaling requiredtmfreception publickey fksipprofile rfc2833disabled allowcticontrolflag datetimeinserted sshpassword sshuserid fkcallingsearchspace_restrict fkmatrix_presence fkcommonphoneconfig tkkeyauthority tksipcodec_mtppreferredorigcodec md5hash srtpallowed isstandard resettoggle tkreset versionstamp fkcommondeviceconfig huntlistforvm remotedevice tkstatus_devicemobilitymode dndtimeout tkdndoption tkringsetting_dnd isdualmode fkcallingsearchspace_cgpntransform fkenduser_mobility tkoutboundcallrollover tkphonepersonalization tkstatus_joinacrosslines tkbarge ikdevice_primaryphone tkstatus_audiblealertingidle tkstatus_audiblealertingbusy isactive tkstatus_alwaysuseprimeline tkstatus_alwaysuseprimelineforvm

Hi Mohammad.

This output confirms that no device has the same mac address of the IP Phone you are trying to add.

Can post the exact error message that you receive when you try to add th Phone?

There are some bugs in 6.1 that colud fit to your case.

Carlo.

admin:run sql select * from device where name like '%SEP34A84EA6D23B'

==== ==== =========== ======= ================ ============== ====================== ============ =============== ==================== ===== ======= ============= ===================== ========== ========= =================== ==================== ========= ================= =============== ======================= =================== ======================== =========================== ==== ======= === ========= ============ ============== ======================== ================= ================= ===================== ================ ================== ============================= ============ ====================== =========== ====== =================== ===================== ==================== =================== ================= ============ ============ ======== ================= ===================== ====================== ================= =========== ============================ ========================== =============== =============== ==================== ========= ============ =============== =================== ================ =========== ========= ============================= ================= =================== ============== ================================ ======= =========== ========== =========== ======= ============ ==================== ============= ============ =========================== ========== =========== ================= ========== ================================== ================== ====================== ====================== ======================== ======= ===================== ============================ ============================ ======== =========================== ================================

admin:

Hi carlo,

Error messsage iam getting is "registration rejected DB config error"  this is on main screen n after this phone restarts registration process and when i press setting and click status last error is DNS unknown hos....thanks

Sorry Mohammad, I meant the error message that you receive from the CUCM when you try toa add that phone.

Carlo

Hi Carlo

Your the man...iam getting belwo error which means licenses issue but other phones were succesfuly added even though we were way above our authorized license figure...i know with older ccm you can go avove authorized license figure thats y ignored and first line told me phone is added succefully should have checked that...thanks alot for your guidance much

Add failed. [4935] Allocated licenses consumed by used and pending. Please upload additional licenses (a new license file) and try again.

Hi Mohammad.

Glad to Help.

Please rate helpful posts and mark  discussions as answered if they satisfy your requests.

Regards

Carlo

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: