Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Phone Ringer Volume

Hi ,

Please help me to find out a way to set a minimum level of Phone ringer volume for all the phone from CUCM 6.x version.

7 Replies 7

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hmm, I'm trying to think if there is an option for this built into CUCM or the phones, but I don't believe so.

You could try downloading all of the ringtones via TFTP, then batch processing them in Goldwave to increase the gain on each file, then upload them back into TFTP.  If this actually works, which I would be slightly surprised if it did, just remember that upgrades to the server would most likely overwrite the ringtones back to original, and you would have to perform the process all over again.

Hi Anthony,

Thanks for the info.

When i search for the same, i found following...

Ringer Volume Control

The Ringer Volume Control feature enables the system administrator to control the minimum ringer-volume setting and adjust the minimum volume level for the ringer. Individual users cannot make the changes to the minimum ringer-volume setting. As a result, no screens were added or updated on the phones.

A new parameter, Minimum Ring Volume, was added in the Unified CM Administration application in the Phone Configuration window. The administrator can select a minimum ring volume from 0 (displays as Silent) to 15 in a drop-down menu. To configure the parameter, choose Device > Phone, select the appropriate IP Phones, and scroll to the Product Specific Configuration Layout pane.

When a user presses the minus side of the Volume button to reduce the ringer volume in an on-hook state, the volume decreases only to the configured minimum volume-level setting. When the minimum volume level is reached, no status message appears.

After a system restart, the minimum ringer volume resets to the minimum ringer-volume setting that is received from the configuration file. If the system administrator configured a new minimum volume level since the last startup and the end user had previously set the minimum ringer volume lower, the ringer volume will be set to the minimum value from the configuration file, not to the user's setting.

This feature does not apply to handset, speaker, and headset volumes during calls

Please refer the link for more information on this.: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/firmware/8_4_4/english/release/notes/79xx_844.html#wp201837

I think this may help me..

thanks again anthony..

Very nice find!  That's great that Cisco included that as a default feature.

But here my phones are 7940, here the given list whichis not available..

Could anyone help me for this

IP phone ringer voulme control from the cucm is not supported for phonemodel 7940.

We have tested the same for other phone which is mentioned in the cisco doc. And it is working fine..

Thanks all of you for your inputs...

Sorry for the late response...I don't view the forum a lot.  Would something like this help you?

Just wondering, would a report that tells you the current volume of your entire phone estate be useful?