Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Phone TFTP firmware issue

Chi Fai Leung
Level 1
Level 1

Hi UC Experts,

My Cisco IP-Phones (CP-7962) can register to CallManager and the cert. was updated, but the IP-Phone firmware cannot update the firmware. Is it the TFTP issue? I checked the TFTP is started normally. Any idea?

Untitled.png

18 Replies 18

Hi there

No, basically what you have to do is download the alternate firmware zip file (cmterm-7942_7962-sip.9-4-2SR3-1.zip), unzip and manually upload to the appropriate directories.

Cisco Unified IP Phone Model 7942G/7962G Alternate Firmware format

The Cisco Unified IP Phone Model 7942G/7962G Firmware version 9.4(2)SR3 is also supplied in a zip file, as an alternative in case a Cisco Unified CallManager is not available to load the installer program. The name of this file is: cmterm-7942_7962-sip.9-4-2SR3-1.zip.

After unzipping the firmware files, they should be manually copied to the appropriate directory on the TFTP server.

Below is the link which explains the procedure

https://supportforums.cisco.com/t5/collaboration-voice-and-video/upgrade-downgrade-firmware-of-specific-ip-phone/ta-p/3137526

Hope this helps!

Cheers
Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts***

I will do that ... but why???

I tried .. Uploaded all .zip files to root folder on CallManager ... Restarted TFTP service ... Rest the Phone ... (The IP-Phone still is using the default temp. phone load)

Untitled.png

Untitled.png

Hi Chi, not sure if you found a resolution to your issue but looking at the screenshot you sent, I've always excluded the ".loads" in the device configuration.  As others have mentioned, check the release notes on the version for upgrade path, make sure the files are on all CUCM nodes running the TFTP service, restart TFTP service and specify just the firmware name in CUCM.  A helpful way to check is ssh to the TFTP server and run "file list tftp *SCCP42*" (without quotes).