cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP phone user-name

Grayson Wells
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know how to specify the IP phones user-name? I am running into the same problem I have heard about before with the usernames being longer than 15 characters. Specifically, the phone is setting its username to CP-7965G-SEP and then the MAC address. If I could take off the CP-7965G- portion of it then it would be exactly 15 characters. Does anyone know where this is configured? This is needed to allow phones to authenticate with our radius server.

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Radius ??

Phone Username ???

What system are you using ?

We are implementing 802.1x with digital certificates on the phones. When you do this the phones will hand off a username. The hostname of the phone will still be SEP and the MAC address, but 802.1x username that the phone submits will prepend CP-7965G-SEP instead of just SEP (that is if you are using a 7965G model phone). However, we found a way in NPS to remove the beginning portion of the username so that our AD accounts for the phones will not have 24 character usernames.

Hello Gayson,

Do you have the informations to remove the beginning of the portion of the username on the NPS server to have maximun 15 caracters ?

Tks a lot