Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Phones 6800 series

adamgibs7
Level 6
Level 6

Dears

I was proposing a Cisco IP Phones 6800 series, hence these IP phones are not supported on CUCM 12.X, hence it is in datasheet it is mentioned as a multiplatform ip phone , can anybody explain me where i can use these IP phones 

Thanks

5 Replies 5

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

3PCC/MPP firmware mainly for customers would take the phone and integrate the phone to non-Cisco callmanager like Asterisk or 3CX.
The phone can either be configured using the keypad or a web GUI.

Cisco IP Phone 8800 Series Multiplatform Phones User Guide

Dear Leo

Thanks for the reply,

So you are confirming that these phones will not work with on premises call manager 12.X.

Thanks 

@adamgibs7 wrote:

So you are confirming that these phones will not work with on premises call manager 12.X.

Did anyone actually took the time to read the User's Guide I posted in my first response? 

Nowhere in my response did I say the 6800, with 3PCC/MPP firmware, is incompatible or not work with CUCM.

Dear Leo ( expert) 

It has been overlooked by me, apologize for the same,

the User guide is for 8800 hence i planning to propose 6800 series, in your upper post you have mentioned that it can be configured by keypad and web GUI hence the other phones can also be configured with limited features, can you elaborate more on your reply ????

Also i don't see in the CUCM 12.X compatibility guide 6800 series are not listed as supportable.

Thanks 

Here is the admin guide for 6800:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/MPP/6800/english/adminguide/p680_b_6800-mpp-ag.pdf

6800 is not compatible with CUCM.