Views
Helpful
Replies

Ip phones 6921

cpelosin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have some 6921 registered on a CUCM7.1 and i need to change the maximum number of call from 2 to 1 .

I see that with the current version of CUCM is not possible , can i change the maximum number of call by installing a new version of firmware ?

Thanks a lot

12 Replies 12

acampbell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

What is the value of the Busy Trigger  on the line you are trying to alter.

Also if you reduce the MAX calls to 1 you will no longer be able to use the transfer function

HTH

Alex

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.

I have a similar issue. Am not sure how to enable call waiting feature in 6921 IP Phones. I think  cpelosin is also trying to do the same...

Thanks

PC

Hi PC,

Are the 6921s using SCCP or SIP

Regards

Alex

Hi Alex,

6921 using SCCP and the busy trigger value is 1 . Also the busy trigger is not editable .

I know that if i reduce the maximum number of call to 1 ,  i can not use the transfer function but is a request from my customer .

Regards

Carluccio

Hi Campbell,

They are SCCP,  CUCM 7.1.3, Phone firmware: SCCP69xx.8-5-3-0

Hi,

I have tried searching for relevant bugs re Max No of Calls & Busy Triggers for both CUCM Ver 7.1 or 6921s.

I can not find any relevance.

I suggest you raise a TAC case.

Regards

Alex

Hi,

I will try to oper a case to the TAC .

I attach the configuration of a 6921 and a 3911 for the maximum number of call .

Were you able to find a solution? thanks

Hello Dmitry,

TAC recommended a patch installation. But we didnt do it, since started upgrading to 8.6. In 8.6 it works fine..

Thank You

PC

In 8.something (Maybe 8.5) CUCM/69xx phones were enhanced to allow you to configure busy trigger. When the 69xx first came out, they were hard coded to only have busy trigger values of 2/1

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.

Hi,

Just a note for Gordon: In 8.6 not 8.5 phones were anhaced to allow you to configure bussy trigger

Regards

Please rate all useful posts 

Yes in 8.6 you can set the max calls per line and busy trigger to values much higher than before.

However the phone itself will not allow you to interact with those additional line appearances..  For example if you have a 69xx phone and you set the line to 4  calls and 2 calls trigger busy, you will be able to transfer / conference, and receive a 2nd call. 

Only problem is you won't have an answer / divert softkey when the 2nd  call comes in, and you won't be able to navigate between calls to select the call you wish to resume.

So thanks Cisco, it seems you have only half way resolved this issue.

Either allow us to assign the same DN to multiple button on a phone, or allow us to navigate within the lines of a single button.  Otherwise we are forced to create phantom partitions and complicated forwarding rules.

Brian S. Turner
CCIE 6145
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: