Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Phones 7962 not working with CUCM 4.1

jordisuste
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Is it possible IP Phones 7962 don't work with CUCM 4.1? O can not see any document. The phones don't get registerd with the cucm.

Thanks!

11 Replies 11

Clifford McGlamry
Spotlight
Spotlight

7962 phones should work just fine.  If you can't configure this, you may need to install an appropriate device pak.

>O can not see any document.

I have no idea what you're attempting to communicate with the above statement.

How are you attempting to register the phones?  Are you attempting to auto register them?  Manually configure and then plug them in?  Something else?

Cliff

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Do you meet the minimum requirements?

Table 1     Minimum Required Device Pack Version

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7962g_7942g/firmware/8_3_2/english/release/notes/62832.html#wp42233

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

Thanks Javalenc,

I will update the device version and let you know, but this is what I was looking for.

Thanks a lot again.

Hi,

Aaccording to the document, version 4.1(3)SR5  and ciscocm.4-1-DevPack-55 is needed.

I am not sure if this will work, as we have CCM system version 4.1(3)sr3b, administration version 4.1(0.11) +.

Will this device package work? Do you know if we need to reboot the servers? According to the codumentation, this is not clear to me.

Many thanks for clarifying!!

That patch will update you from 4.1(3)sr3b to 4.1(3)sr5.  The patch can be applied provided you meet any prerequisite requirements identified in the release notes.

If documentation for the SCCP firmware load for the 7962 says you need the SR5 patch, you'll have to install that first.  You can verify reboot requirements with the release notes, but all the 4.x patches I've seen have required at least one reboot, and some multiple.  Do the pub first and then the subs.

Once you have the SR5 installed, then install the device PAK.  Again, check the release notes for any reboot requirements.  Do the pub first, and then any subs.  

Cliff

Any time you install a DEVPACK in order to support a new phone model a cluster reboot is mandatory, this is explained in the devpack documentation.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

HTH

java

Thanks both.

Just to finish and confirm. I would need first to upgrade from 4.1(3)sr3b to 4.1(3)SR5 and then add the Device Pack (the idea is Device Pack 89)? Is it right?

If yes, would it be one cluster reboot enough or I would need two?

Thanks a lot!!

That's 2 cluster reboots.

·        This Service Release upgrades the affected services and files and then it  restarts the server when the upgrade has completed successfully. 

·        Apply this Service Release to all of your Cisco Unified CallManager servers, beginning with the publisher server and TFTP server.

http://www.cisco.com/web/software/Voice/html/ciscocm.4-1-3-sr6-Readme.html

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

HTH

java

Thanks a lot! It es clear now!

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Jordi,

I'm sorry to jump in here, but I just wanted to add one note to the great tips from Cliff

and Java (+5 each guys!)

I might look at just upgrading directly to 4.1(3)_SR8a which will include support

for the 7942/62 and 7945/65. This could be done in one step rather than two.

Here's the ReadMe for 4.1(3)_SR8a

Cisco Unified CallManager Release 4.1(3) Service Release 8a

http://www.cisco.com/web/software/282074220/23393/ciscocm.4-1-3-sr8a-Readme.pdf

Cheers!

Rob

PS: because the CCM 4.1(3) version is going End of Life in May of this year it's a

good idea to get updated to the latest SR before this date.

Oh, that's great!! Thanks a lot!