Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Phones: Disabling Mute, Disabling Headphone and to be used for RSM

bilalghayad
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All;

I am looking for an Cisco IP Phones that we can disable the mute and we can disable the headphone and to be used for RSM, so which model of these IP Phones?

Now, is it possible to disable the mute and the headphone from the setting file or this should be done from the hardware?

If possible to be disabled from the setting file, so where I can find those files at the CUCM to modify it?

Appreciate the kindly help.

Regards

Bilal

3 Replies 3

Hello,

Check the attached , you can disable the speaker phone from the phone configuration , when you go to device->phones , at the end of the page you will find product specific configuration layout , under it there is a checkbox to disable to the speakerphone.

as for the mute i am not really sure how we can disable it , i never done it , there is a checkbox to enable it , maybe you can play with it from the enterprise phone configuration .

Amer

Dear Amer;

you can disable the speaker phone from the phone configuration

* I am looking to disable the headphone (and not the speaker). Is it the same?

Regards

Bilal

Hello,

It depends on the type of the ip phone , the first screen shot was for 7911 , this is for 7960 , you can disable the speaker and headset :

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: