cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Phones not receiving calls after user association.

Edson Vuma
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a scenario that is driving me crazy.
When I associate Phones and Device Profiles to Users, these associated phones stop receiving calls (but can make them).
I've check the partitions and CSSs and all seems fine.
Hard reset didnt solve the issue.

Notes:
- I have a CSS that only allows INTERNAL calls;
This CSS is applied to the Phones;
- I have different CSS's for external calls (national, international, mobile and so on);
This CSS is applied to the Device Profile;

So, after I associate the Phones and Device Profiles, the issue described above comes "to life".

P.S.:
Old associations are working fine...only new ones.

Any clue?

-- Regards Edson Vuma
7 Replies 7

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This does not make sense. End User association has no bearing on calling from a phone, unless you login with the profile (assuming you were talking about UDP extension mobility profile).  

What CSS is applied on the DN of the line as oppose to the device?

What does DNA show you when you simulate the call?

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your reply.

This is Phone A (dialing phone...working just fine):
Dialing_Phone.PNG

This is the Phone B (dialed phone...the one that if I associate with an End User, blocks calls):
Dialed_Phone.PNG

This is the Device Profile associated with Phone B:
Dialed_DeviceProfile.PNG

Notes:
- This CSS, CSS-User-Class00, only allows users to call internally, and the partition associated is P-Global-Internal;
- This CSS, CSS-User-Class20, allows users to call to national numbers as well, therefore, in order to users to make external calls they must Login into the device (and there are going to use the Partition, P-Global-Login).

The results I get, using these parameters:

DNA_Parameters.PNG

Are:
DNA_Results.PNG

Here is a quick video of the simulation:

So, a "solution" I found is to use allow external calls directly to the phone (using the CSS, CSS-User-Class20) and dont associate End Users with Phones/Device Profiles...but that is not efficient (not to mention all other stuff).

Maybe the issue is within the association of the Phone with the Device Profile??! 

Regards

-- Regards Edson Vuma

Hi Edson,

Can you do the DNA output from the phone specifically in the simulation above?

In Serviceability, drop down Analysis -> Phones, find and select the phone in your test above, select Line [1] - 713176 and enter 825610 as the dialed digits and Do Analysis.

Click the "Expand All" button on the output and paste the whole DNA output.

Hi Tanner,

Find below the output of DNA:

Part 1:
DNA_Results_Part1.PNG

Part 2:
DNA_Results_Part2.PNG

-- Regards Edson Vuma

It look's like your call flow is setup to attempt to ring at DP-825610 on 825610 in the P-Global-Login partition then forwards along to 825610 in the P-Global-Internal partition if user is not logged in (Device Unregistered line setting).

Can you share the line settings and the status of SEP88908D694883?

Hi,

There you have it:
Part 1:
Phone_Status.PNG

Part 2:
Phone_Line_Settings_Part1.PNG

Part 3:
Phone_Line_Settings_Part2.PNG

Regards

-- Regards Edson Vuma

It does seem like you could be looping the call with your forwarding settings but this shouldn't cause the device not to ring unless the line is busy.

It is hard to say what the problem is without understanding the design of your environment fully but I would stare and compare a working flow versus a non-working flow may help identify an issue.

In your video, you dial, then click Call. How far do you get in the dial sequence if you initiate a New Call first, then dial? Does it allow you to dial all 6 digits?